I want to have a quick thread on Designated Survivor and to a lesser extent House of Cards

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
The concept of Designated Survivor was so fukking good, but unfortunately it was made by ABC instead of HBO. We were robbed of a proper ending to House of Cards because Spacey had to be a weirdo, so I went looking for something to scratch that itch. And I find this show about a scenario where every important person in the gov't gets bodied and some dude who used to work at a desk has to run the country. Do you understand how much potential this show had? How many emotional, slow and cinematic moments it could have had if it wasn't designed for network television?

Imagine if the writers of a show like Succession or Breaking Bad got their hands on this? I'm not the kinda guy that calls for reboots, but dawg they need to go back and do this idea right, because it was okay as it was... but it could've been so much better.

Daps
Designated Survivor was great until Netflix got its hands on it. And Netflix usually does well, but this was at the time it became trendy to put every single social issue in shows and movies.