I Want a pickup truck for no reason at all

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Gonna need a new vehicle by end of summer. My wife and I went down to one car when my son was born because my wife was being a stay at home mom for a year so we didn’t need two. But now she’s going back to work and we need a second car again. I have no logical need for a Pickup truck but i want one anyway :yeshrug:
Am i being stupid? Trucks are crazy overpriced right now and I’ll probably haul something a couple times a year if that. I want a used 2020-2022 F-150. My wife thinks im crazy. I refuse to buy another crossover

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Breh I first had a 2016 F-150. Loved it. Had to sell it when I moved back to PA because it was RWD and it was absolutely horrible in the winter.

Got an Explorer and was immediately disappointed.

Just got a 2020 F150 two months ago and I am :myman:

I just love these trucks man. Totally non needed for me. I got a Super Crew and I have no kids. I don’t tow or haul anything crazy other than occasional furniture I might pick up which is rare. I just like having it :wow:

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
Got a 2017 Durango right now and love all the space in it. Next truck will be a pick up for sure. Love big trucks and the towing/moving capability. Plan on getting a boat and RV at some point too.

Would NEVER buy another car again. Getting stuck in the snow. Small af and no room. Can’t tow or move anything.

Truck life boy :salute:

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
You’ll be seeing this at the pump, and it’s gonna last you like 3 days
t_7a7af527f71a4d068d7e2902ee3dd0e5_name_image

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Trucks are the true multi vehicle environment

- Super common so parts aren't as hard to come by
- Simpler constructions for lower cost of labor
- Designed to carry multiple people
- Tow capable
- Haul capable
- easily adapted to multiple terrain conditions

- If shxt goes left there isn't a better vehicle type to have
- If you have to pick up a large item with the fam there isn't a better vehicle type
- If you need to move some stuff there isn't a better overall vehicle type

The only downsides to a truck its fuel efficiency and that in every situation there is a better vehicle type, but that better vehicle is going to be dog shxt in any other area you would use a car for.

I'm not even a truck person but if you are only really using a car as transportation it's the best overall vehicle type, imo.

Last edited:

Lieutenant Daniels

I’m up for Major
Daps
Reppin
Major case squad
Had a 2wd 2015 crew cab F150 with a 2.7 ecoboost. Loved that truck.

Now I have a 2023 Silverado Trailboss that I’m about to sell because I’m in the process of buying a house. Once I get this house I’m gonna get another F150 or Silverado :ohlawd:

After owning a truck it’s hard to go back to an SUV or car.