I think Trae Young is better than Curry

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
well...to be honest....Trae is ALOT better than steph was at 22.........

c938cf175f6bf1351801e2f34615267b.gif
No the fukk he wasn’t.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No the fukk he wasn’t.

**checks stats**

**looks at your post again**

:gucci:

Trey clearly was better.

We also lived through it in real time. Wasn’t nobody thinking about Steph Curry in 2010. Anyone who says so is full of sh*t. LeBron didn’t even see that nikka coming in 2015. So how did y’all? :gucci: Back then in 2010 when Steph would’ve been 22ish, the focus was on Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook and Chris Paul as the young guards...who were all better than Steph at that point in their careers. Steph was a late bloomer, who bloomed extremely well. It’s okay to say that. At this point in his career, Trey is better, and that’s backed by the numbers and by reality. Now will he be better at 27, 28? Probably not because that’s when Steph took off.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
**checks stats**

Trey clearly was better.

We also lived through it in real time. Wasn’t nobody thinking about Steph Curry in 2010. Anyone who says so is full of sh*t. LeBron didn’t even see that nikka coming in 2015. So how did y’all? :gucci: Back then in 2010 when Steph would’ve been 22ish, the focus was on Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook and Chris Paul as the young guards...who were all better than Steph at that point in their careers. Steph was a late bloomer, who bloomed extremely well. It’s okay to say that. At this point in his career, Trey is better, and that’s backed by the numbers and by reality. Now will he be better at 27, 28? Probably not because that’s when Steph took off.
fukk stats. Like breh in the thread said he has a green light because of Steph. If Steph had a green light like young does now at 22 how do you think his stats would look . He’s a $tree Curry.:hhh:

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
These players now can shoot threes all day without getting yelled at by they coach because of Steph Curry. Trey not close to being better, imagine if Curry was dropped in the game today with this spacing. Before him coaches would lose they mind if a nikka dared to shoot a casual half court shot leisurely in the middle of a game :damn:coach won’t forget you did that either for a couple games:demonic:

Daps
**checks stats**

Trey clearly was better.

That’s the problem. You looking at stats. We lived it and watched it every night. Steph wasn’t given a green light and was in Keith Smart’s doghouse because he was trying to player favorites with Monta Ellis.
Smart would bench Curry after 1 bad play, played him in weird stretches and focused the offense around Monta Ellis and David Lee (who was given a max deal and the franchise was trying to justify it)

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk stats. Like breh in the thread said he has a green light because of Steph. If Steph had a green light like young does now at 22 how do you think his stats would look . He’s a $tree Curry.:hhh:

But it didn’t happen. He was second fiddle to Monta Ellis then and kept getting injured. Stop trying to change history.

That’s the problem. You looking at stats. We lived it and watched it every night. Steph wasn’t given a green light and was in Keith Smart’s doghouse because he was trying to player favorites with Monta Ellis.
Smart would bench Curry after 1 bad play, played him in weird stretches and focused the offense around Monta Ellis and David Lee (who was given a max deal and the franchise was trying to justify it)

Im not just looking at stats. I remember this era vividly. I’m the same age as Steph. And I’m telling you nobody was talking about this muthafukka back then. At all. It’s pure revisionist history. He was a nobody up until 2014/2015, so what’s false about saying Trey is better at this stage in his career? Nothing.

King Biko

A King With A Concubine
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Other than them being light skinned and I guess perceived to be frailer guards I don’t really see the comparison in their games. Curry is taller and much more skilled in all 3 facets of offensive scoring. Curry plays a lot of the game without the ball and works off ball to get his shots. I would say Trae is the better passer but I think him having the ball so much in pnr boost his assist numbers more than it shows in effectiveness. Curry is one of the most effective players I’ve ever seen

King Biko

A King With A Concubine
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
**checks stats**

Trey clearly was better.

stats don’t tell the whole story especially if you don’t look at the advanced stats. On a surface level yes Trae averaged more assist and points but when u actually watch the games who see how much different the effects they have on the game it’s not really close. No shot at Trae I’m from Atlanta and actually wanted him in the draft that whole time but he’s no curry