I think sports fans are some of the dumbest people in our society

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
Like why would you waste like 3 hours or more a day sitting in front of the Gawd damn tv cheering for teams that don't give a fukk about you.. Seems senseless.. It's like nationalism or patriotism,, we're people come together like morons in synch for one stupid cause,,

Then after your game you watch ESPN highlights of other games .. So basically you wasted another 2 hours.. So you're wasting like 30 hours per week watching sports when you could of read 2 books during that time about the modern economy or Ernest hemmingways classics ,,

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Nah. There are many sports fans who are intelligent, educated, cultured, and well versed people.

I'm not a fan of sports...I have my own qualms with this country's obsession with sports and consider facets of them kind of ignorant as well...I don't watch em...don't follow teams...and I don't post in The Coliseum...but I wouldn't DARE to paint a whole group of people with such a broad stroke of a brush like that.

Country music fans tho....yep....that's where the dumbasses are.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
Nah. There are many sports fans who are intelligent, educated, cultured, and well versed people.

I'm not a fan of sports...I have my own qualms with this country's obsession with sports and consider facets of them kind of ignorant as well...I don't watch em...don't follow teams...and I don't post in The Coliseum...but I wouldn't DARE to paint a whole group of people with such a broad stroke of a brush like that.

Country music fans tho....yep....that's where the dumbasses are.

Their obsession with sports is propaganda ..

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Their obsession with sports is propaganda ..
I preferr playing sports to watching them.

I actually used to play baseball, basketball, and run cross country back in the day.

But really..the whole sports culture in American society ties into this fake fukkin machismo bullshyt. That's inherently sexist and misogynist. And I think it ties into rape culture as well.

Especially in schools. I always hated how the jocks in high school/college would always get off when they flunked their classes and were excused of wrongdoing from beating up people to raping women just cause they were the star players of the football team and had connections.

In the black community...the obsession with sports is absolutely terrible and undermines the sense of black male identity where if one doesn't ascribe to this hypermasculine agenda that if they don't play a sport like basketball or football that they are weak. And then we have the stereotype that all we're good for is scoring touchdowns and shooting 3 pointers. Forget the fact that we're creative and intelligent...all we're good for in the eyes of the dominant society is our brute strength and that's it. It's that slave/field negro shyt that pisses me off.

Like when I was in college...people asked me if I was on the football team or basketball team cause the idea of a muscular athletic built black male being in there for academics seemed like an impossibility...it was infuriating.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not really that much different from being a fan of anything to be honest with you. And to everybody it may concern because I know I'm gonna see some posts like this, you're not special because you don't like sports.