I think someone died in the apartment next to mine

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
I live in the basement floor of this apartment building and it's smelled absolutely horrible for a few days now. There's only 3 apartments down here. There's mine in the middle, one down the hall to the right, one way down the hall to the left around a corner. Haven't seen anyone go in or out of that apartment on the left for about a month now.

The smell is coming from the left...and flies are gathering down that side of the hallway
:francis: it smells like shyt and rancid milk. Had to put towels under my door...and there's a lot of bugs.

I called the apartment manager about it and I must have been on speaker phone, because the maintenance/cleaning guy was there with him and the maintenance guy interrupted and started juelzing about how somebody had a garbage bag that broke. Maintenance guy sounds kinda panicked and kept saying everything's fine, it must be garbage.

So they said don't worry about it and hung up.

What's next from here? Phone in a wellness check? And why is the maintenance guy so stressed about this?
:lupe:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Shortly after I left someone in the highrise I stayed at was pronounced dead. People were complaining about crazy smells travelling through the vents and hallways. Some even posted about it on the building's google reviews. They tried to sweep that shyt under the carpet and the police investigation didnt seem to go anywhere. Never saw even a news article about it. I still wonder if it was someone I knew about.

I say call a wellness check just in case. The buiding management likely wont do shyt until cops or family of the neighbor gets involved.