I think Frank Ocean being gay or bi is kinda cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Although i dont cosign this gay shyt. And I wasn't a fan before the gay shyt, and I damn sure ain't checking for him now. I gotta agree wit op. There should be some music that gay people can relate to so :yeshrug:

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
From the Bay to Central CA
it IS kinda cool he is willing to try to stretch the boundaries :yeshrug:

not saying ill necessarily listen, but i respect it... it's almost a historic moment to be honest

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I can't listen to his music without cringing at what or who he's singing about though now. To be fair though, Elton John is one of the greatest musicians ever and occasionally I listen to his music. Madman Across the Water is one of my favorite songs not just by him, but generally one of my favorite songs by any musician for that matter. Johnny Mathis is one of the greatest singers to ever perform a ballad. I remember the first time I heard his Wonderful song, during that X-Files episode with the inbred brothers killing the Sherrif and his wife with sticks and Mathis voice serenating the background. Very dope song.

So who knows, maybe Ocean can surpass this coming out revelation and find a niche in history like Elton or Mathis.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:childplease: gay artists have been open and accepted for awhile now, peep Elton John

shyt aint new, get that hate out ya blood, blood.

As a BLACK CULTURE bruh. And for the record, I have no hatred towards Frank Ocean or his homosexuality. He can be as Gay as he wants to be. But us as a black culture hopping on Twitter and these forums talking about how brave he is and how this is is such a huge breakthrough is just stupid. It is NOT any type of crowning achievement that this dude is coming out of the closet nor is it anything for Hip Hop to be celebrating, furthermore, the last time I heard an Elton John or Luther Vandross song they weren't confessing their love in song for other men:stopitslime: they might've been gay, but they kept that pretty much separate from their music.

Status
Not open for further replies.