I started a corp. I need help

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My company offers web design and internet marketing/search engine optimization. But I doubt you can afford my services.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First things first. Rent the biggest loft you can find and take pictures of it so you can stunt on the internet. You probably wanna handle this before earning any revenue.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
He said it was a corporation, so I am thinking it is an Inc.

From someone who had an Inc. it's too much work to draft all those documents if you're not doing big business.

LLC's are mainly left to their own devices. And at any time if you want to get taxed as a corp (if you bring investors in etc.) you can file a one page form and then convert your ownership % to shares.

Again, Im no accountant but from my experience I agree LLC/partnership is the way to go.

Agreed.

Good discussion :ehh:

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
First things first. Rent the biggest loft you can find and take pictures of it so you can stunt on the internet. You probably wanna handle this before earning any revenue.

I'm actually waiting for the new world trade center to open up
Got the top floor leased up

Until then, I'm gonna do this from home

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
A cpa is a certified public accountant, yes.

A bookkeeper is more hands on, and does everything to the point of filing the taxes because they essentially can't.

Thanks a lot

I wanted to get custom business cards, flyers, receipts and magnets
Is office depot the way to go?

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I was.... kidding. I was making fun of another poster.

Yea I know
I was fukkin with u 2

Ima do this from the crib for as long as possible
I got lil kids tho
shyt would be mad unprofessional for people to call and hear them in the background

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Thanks a lot

I wanted to get custom business cards, flyers, receipts and magnets
Is office depot the way to go?
There are cheaper options than fedex-kinkos/officemax/officedepot, but maybe not as convenient.

Know this: a flashy business card and a brand magnet wont be a primary way to grow your business, and arent cheap. What is cheap is building relationships with businesses that could be referral sources, or even more so, doing quality work that you could probably bill slightly more for in order to get your name out in a new territory or neighborhood.

I wish you well. :megalawd:

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
damn man you're going into this with no knowledge on how to run a business :what:

all the information people are telling you is good but you need to go to a local community college and take some classes. once your business picks up, things move fast and if you're relying on the coli to help you out you'll be in trouble.

@Momentum how is the job market for the marketing/consulting industry? im gonna be graduating with a business-marketing degree soon

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandon M.

City of Angels
Daps

funniest shyt i ever read on the internet, i swear to god!

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
damn man you're going into this with no knowledge on how to run a business :what:

all the information people are telling you is good but you need to go to a local community college and take some classes. once your business picks up, things move fast and if you're relying on the coli to help you out you'll be in trouble.

You're suggesting he puts his business on pause, find out if applicable classes are available, pay money for those classes (at least $100s of dollars) and then use that to then build his business...for information he can get more efficiently. Doesnt make sense....The coli isnt the best place but we've at least pointed him to the right places :ld:

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
You're suggesting he puts his business on pause, find out if applicable classes are available, pay money for those classes (at least $100s of dollars) and then use that to then build his business...for information he can get more efficiently. Doesnt make sense....The coli isnt the best place but we've at least pointed him to the right places :ld:

no but a few night classes in basic accounting and management can't hurt :ld:

dude has no business plan and expects to run a profitable functioning business in an already slow economy. no offense op, i hope it works out for u, but you should know what you're getting yourself into. if this isn't :duck: