I got 1 truck and tools
I got a small clientele
I know about advertising on Craigslist
I'm looking for about 8 jobs a day

Here's what I need help with
I don't know anything about making a website but I'd like to make 1
I would also like it to be easily found on google
I have no idea how taxes and all that shyt works

Can any of ya point me in the right direction?

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
no sorry i also run a drain cleaning business in NY so it would not be in my best interests to help out the competition

opulence

Pro
Daps
Reppin
peace
congrats love! you should talk with a professional though regarding your business matters...

wix and google blogger has free website templates to start your site

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
congrats love! you should talk with a professional though regarding your business matters...

wix and google blogger has free website templates to start your site

:why: please dont offer him any advice the drain cleaning industry is already really competitive and work for me is hard to come by, im trying to feed my family, thank you.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
So I started a drain cleaning company
I got 1 truck and tools
I got a small clientele
I know about advertising on Craigslist
I'm looking for about 8 jobs a day

Here's what I need help with

Can any of ya point me in the right direction?

Address this first. Hire a bookeeper or even more importantly, a CPA. Not paying your state and fed taxes will kill you in one lien.

Secondly, since your new and your website can be very simple based on your field of business, look on craiglist for someone who can make your website. Go local. If he knows SEO or knows someone who can, use that resource.

Advertising wont be a primary way to grow your business. Referrals and relationships with property managers, and landscaping or similar type non-competing companies will be.

Ask for further questions. Consider this non-professional advice.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Inc or LLC? Because if you're a single member Inc taxes are about to be hell. Not hell % wise, but hell as in what you have to report. You have to keep track of minutes, shares, and all that 'ish with a Inc. A LLC is pretty much another legal name for business (filed right on your regular taxes, very easy to do yourself).

Im in marketing so I'll throw you some advice. I do not represent an accountant or attorney. This is simply my thoughts, not any kind of legal counsel:

Weebly - Create a free website and a free blog is the easiest point and click software to use. Buy a .com at Cheap Domain Names Registration, Domain Transfer, SSL Certificates, Free DNS, Privacy Protection • Namecheap.com and then register with weebly to make a free site.

I suggets you get citynamedraincleaning.com or something similar (even cityname-draincleaning.com with dashes works for this). Reason being is that kind of domain name tends to rank well on Google without you having to know SEO. SEO is simply getting links to your page. Again, in this niche all you really have to do is setup a youtube, facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. ALL under the citynamedraincleaning name and you WILL be found. Link all your social media to your .com (obvious but for the sake of completion I'll throw that in.)

See: above. If you have a Inc. your basically fukked and will need an accountant to keep minutes and draft the shares documents and all that shyt. If you are an LLC then TaxAct.com is the way to go. For less than $20 you can file state and federal electronically, and it goes screen by screen through everything. KEEP RECEIPTS OF ALL YOUR EXPENSES. Also use a debit card or credit card to pay for everything incase you forget or lose your receipts.

I do marketing and consulting so this is what I love to talk about. Hopefully it helps. :salute:

opulence

Pro
Daps
Reppin
peace
Inc or LLC? Because if you're a single member Inc taxes are about to be hell. Not hell % wise, but hell as in what you have to report. You have to keep track of minutes, shares, and all that 'ish with a Inc. A LLC is pretty much another legal name for business (filed right on your regular taxes, very easy to do yourself).

Im in marketing so I'll throw you some advice. I do not represent an accountant or attorney. This is simply my thoughts, not any kind of legal counsel:

Weebly - Create a free website and a free blog is the easiest point and click software to use. Buy a .com at Cheap Domain Names Registration, Domain Transfer, SSL Certificates, Free DNS, Privacy Protection • Namecheap.com and then register with weebly to make a free site.

I suggets you get citynamedraincleaning.com or something similar (even cityname-draincleaning.com with dashes works for this). Reason being is that kind of domain name tends to rank well on Google without you having to know SEO. SEO is simply getting links to your page. Again, in this niche all you really have to do is setup a youtube, facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. ALL under the citynamedraincleaning name and you WILL be found. Link all your social media to your .com (obvious but for the sake of completion I'll throw that in.)

See: above. If you have a Inc. your basically fukked and will need an accountant to keep minutes and draft the shares documents and all that shyt. If you are an LLC then TaxAct.com is the way to go. For less than $20 you can file state and federal electronically, and it goes screen by screen through everything. KEEP RECEIPTS OF ALL YOUR EXPENSES. Also use a debit card or credit card to pay for everything incase you forget or lose your receipts.

I do marketing and consulting so this is what I love to talk about. Hopefully it helps. :salute:

:inlove:

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens

Thanks for the info
I'm looking into that now
It's a corp
It's gonna be either 2 or 3 people

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for the info
I'm looking into that now
It's a corp
It's gonna be either 2 or 3 people

Ya'll are going to have to meet regularly and keep minutes :bryan:

If it isn't BIG business, then I'd do anything with just 3 people as a partnership. It's almost the same tax wise as an LLC. The only thing in the corp favor is that if one of you die then the business lives on. If one of you die in a partnership then the business is over unless you have a contract that states otherwise.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Ya'll are going to have to meet regularly and keep minutes :bryan:

If it isn't BIG business, then I'd do anything with just 3 people as a partnership. It's almost the same tax wise as an LLC. The only thing in the corp favor is that if one of you die then the business lives on. If one of you die in a partnership then the business is over unless you have a contract that states otherwise.

You're overstating the need for meeting minutes for a corporation, especially as compared to the logistical restraints a partnership brings. Yes, the accounting and bookeeping needs are there but its not like he's changing officers or something reguarly...

Again, this is non professional advice but an LLC with him as manager and the rest as members (based on the lvl of responsibility he will have it sounds) should be sufficient. A healthy operating agreement will protect all parties involved.

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
What influenced your decision to form as a corporation? Have either of the other 1 or 2 people have experience running a business?

We have no experience
I started working for a drain cleaning company
Eventually I made enough to buy my own truck and tools
Now Im their subcontractor
Im planning on buying another truck and start my own thing
I went to Allstate and thats what they reccommended
Insurance would be cheaper as corp

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're overstating the need for meeting minutes for a corporation, especially as compared to the logistical restraints a partnership brings. Yes, the accounting and bookeeping needs are there but its not like he's changing officers or something reguarly...

Again, this is non professional advice but an LLC with him as manager and the rest as members (based on the lvl of responsibility he will have it sounds) should be sufficient. A healthy operating agreement will protect all parties involved.

He said it was a corporation, so I am thinking it is an Inc.

From someone who had an Inc. it's too much work to draft all those documents if you're not doing big business.

LLC's are mainly left to their own devices. And at any time if you want to get taxed as a corp (if you bring investors in etc.) you can file a one page form and then convert your ownership % to shares.

Again, Im no accountant but from my experience I agree LLC/partnership is the way to go.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
We have no experience
I started working for a drain cleaning company
Eventually I made enough to buy my own truck and tools
Now Im their subcontractor
Im planning on buying another truck and start my own thing
I went to Allstate and thats what they reccommended
Insurance would be cheaper as corp

I'd strongly recommend consulting with a CPA or lawyer to get the proper advice needed, especially the cpa if they will form the business and serve as bookeeper.