"I saved 100k living with my mom until I was 26"- Shawn cotton

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Nothing wrong with this...

this is how you build wealth and prepare to be out here in the real world, without struggling too much financially...

If you can do something like this, you DO IT!!! Chicks/people will clown, but won't clown when you got $50-100k+ in the bank

More black folk have to adopt this way of thinking...parents be quick to kick their kids out...or make em pay half the damn rent/mortgage...

MrBillCollecta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
png-transparent-silver-spoon-cutlery-tableware-hardware-kitchen-utensil-black-and-white.png

Stupid shyt....pure fukking ignorance.:what:

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I'm doing the same in a much lesser sense, I just turned 29 and will have about 50k saved when I move out, I pay $500 a month to my mom towards rent and buy groceries/pay bills

I’m doing the same thing to pay off student loans faster and save up for a town house. I’m tryna move out next year before I turn 28 though

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its cool if you do that but dont be living at home at 30 then log on to the coli talking big talk to dudes who been living like grown men with grown responsibilities. That's when the stay at home gang gotta get a verbal reality check. Its a difference btw living in your own spot with your own rules and being 30 still listening to your parents rules :yeshrug:

Your voice should be low when you talkin lol

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
I tell folks this all the time. I’ll say this, based off my experience, more often than not, most of the white/Indian/Asian kids I knew lived with their parents until they were damn near 25 (of course there’s exceptions), most of my black friends were trying to move out by 18 or as soon as they graduated college... I’d always tell them to stay home and stack, but pride is a bi****

Edit: I stayed home until like 25/26. Saved up enough to get my condo and that engagement ring
Some of them are being put out at 18. Don't believe the hype. 18 is the unwritten 'get the hell out' age in a lot of cultures.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of them are being put out at 18. Don't believe the hype. 18 is the unwritten 'get the hell out' age in a lot of cultures.

I’m not going to lie, most Asians and Indians I grew up around, their parents encourage them to stay, unless they are making $$$

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He should be commended for actually saving his money, because a lot of people who lived with their parents for that long were just irresponsible as fukk and simply stopped growing period.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Yea way back when I started real work and got to know other cultures more intimately I realized how normal this was for them.

Staying at home until either college was paid off, got their own house, or (in the case of women) moved in with their s/o. Rarely that “moved out at 18” shyt.

It’s a massive advantage to have this opportunity.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Yea way back when I started real work and got to know other cultures more intimately I realized how normal this was for them.

Staying at home until either college was paid off, got their own house, or (in the case of women) moved in with their s/o. Rarely that “moved out at 18” shyt.

It’s a massive advantage to have this opportunity.

and when other cultures do move out at 18, it's to live at a dorm for college, and they parents usually pay for it.

Then after graduation they move back in while stacking up their salary.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
I just had this discussion with my mom, had I not been so impatient to be independent as soon as I was making real money, I could had saved over 6 figures :snoop: