"I saved 100k living with my mom until I was 26"- Shawn cotton

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
png-transparent-silver-spoon-cutlery-tableware-hardware-kitchen-utensil-black-and-white.png

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If he grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth, his parents would have given him 100k and bought him his first home.

Really speaking, the matter has nothing to do with wealth as a kid isn't going to cost more to raise when they turn into an adult.

it's different levels of the silver spoon.

L2014

Banned
Daps
If he grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth, his parents would have given him 100k and bought him his first home.

Really speaking, the matter has nothing to do with wealth as a kid isn't going to cost more to raise when they turn into an adult.
You don’t know black mamas G

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I tell folks this all the time. I’ll say this, based off my experience, more often than not, most of the white/Indian/Asian kids I knew lived with their parents until they were damn near 25 (of course there’s exceptions), most of my black friends were trying to move out by 18 or as soon as they graduated college... I’d always tell them to stay home and stack, but pride is a bi****

Edit: I stayed home until like 25/26. Saved up enough to get my condo and that engagement ring

Mexicans do this too.. Im thinking black kids have a problem with rules or the home they're in is unbearable..

concise

Veteran
Daps
Easy to say more should do that but I know a lot of people who weren't fortunate to stay with their parents that long. Hell some had to get out before turning 18:francis:

Yea, if you don't have a stable home situation, you clearly can't do something like this.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
this is what we should be doing but i always hear about disconnects between the parents and child

in my experience, never stay with anybody for free, they will hold it over you. always pay, even if they get mad at you for paying

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What Jay-Z didn't tell you about Jews is they lived in one house piled up like a can of sardines.

This is what they won't tell you about building wealth,its really that simple. The latinos who everybody laughs at for sharing one car,and staying in the same house will be the next group to gain financial and political power. I believe they have already surpassed black people in this regard. Black people are the furtherst behind due to systematic oppression,and unfortunately we as a group pretty much refuse to do this. My goal is to one day popularize this way of living in the black community,and change the stigma people have against people who live at home,or with a bunch of roomates. If your living at home ,or with a bunch of people with a goal and plan in mind of course.

I'll tell you one thing,the powers that be already know this and try to control this by telling you how many people you can have living in your home like its any of there business if you aren't causing noise disturbance or destroying anything.

The only reason this is dangerous for black people is because we are a passionate group of people about even the smallest of things.So I could see an uptick in domestic disputes with that many powerful mentalities and personalities in one house.

I tried to tell brehs to get started years ago,but society won't allow it. You see people making even more of a mockery of living at home,or having a roommate now .
Theres a reason they want to shame you out of sharing spaces,its the easiest road to wealth for the average person.
Just look at it this way,sure you will look like a fool having a roommate in your 30's.
But will you still look like a fool when you own your house at 40,because you paid for it in case? Meanwhile those who were laughing will be paying a 30 year mortgage and working til they are too far out of their primes and youth to truly enjoy it:francis:

deeman

All Star
Daps
Sucks that nuclear families aren't the norm in black households. My mom treated me like I was just another nikka walking aound her house at a certain point. Plus she had a man move in too, it was curtains for me at 23 I had to go.