I predict violence and graphic content is gonna become a big problem in gaming

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Are you all stupid? Movies are REAL people and violence has been in them since the beginning

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
With CDPR, it doesn’t even matter if it gets banned, they’ll be able to sell it online on their site (at least on PC). shyt, if Hatred, a mass murder simulation, doesn’t get banned, neither will Cyberpunk 2077. Full nudity might keep it off Steam, but I think they’ll still be able to sell it by themselves. Though, it might seriously affect console gamers :patrice:

Edit: NVM, you meant in Australia
:damn: NO!

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:mjcry: y u tryna hurt my feelings bruh?

Because movies have more graphic violence and no one seems to care...:manny: why would they care about games now??? they've been violent ever since mortal kombat days and all they did is add a rating system... You are reaching and making threads that are redundant...stahp it.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
To be fair, videogames have always been an outlet.

There was a time where people were afraid of what the tv/radio would do to our brains. Technology just breeds curiosity, which in turn breeds great minds into exploring said fields. Keep in mind that many an astronaut chose those careers due to Star Trek. Every form of art is inspiration. Plus, ultra violence isn't anything new. The MK series had guts and 50 rib cages flying out during brutalities. Are we to censor paintings that are gruesome just because they're mature? The Saw series flourished, and many more like it will as well.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I'm an adult and some cac gonna tell me I need to play different games because white kids use video games as inspiration for violent acts.

Retailers need mandatory briefings for parents buying games that if theyre allowing children to play these games it could be detrimental to their mental health.

No reason in the world i should be hearing lil kids on grand theft auto or have to play candyland because of white mental illness
This is potent :whew:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Because movies have more graphic violence and no one seems to care...:manny: why would they care about games now??? they've been violent ever since mortal kombat days and all they did is add a rating system... You are reaching and making threads that are redundant...stahp it.
thing is shyt doesn't have to be logical or reasonable to set off outrage culture. I don't think the OP 'wants' this to happen, but rather he just sees that there's potential, especially given our current political environment

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Some of you kids really do believe you are the first generation to ever do shyt, don't you. LOL
They tried to ban video games and violence after colombine and damn near got the government in the video game censorship position.
Google Leeland Yee, California Politician Who Wrote Unconstitutional Anti-Video Game Law Plans To Try Again With New Law
Most of your fears were shotdown formally by the Supreme court.
shyt is cyclical though, before video games it was tv, before that negro music, and etc.

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
Guess nikkas already forgot history...

This shyt always been an issue with people. pretty much all these games have been scapegoats for violence in video games going all the way back to the early 90s. Thats why we have ESRB now...

Every new generation of gaming brings up more disturbing and realistic Gore content. thats just how it is. People want to push the graphics to their limit. which includes realistic depictions of kills

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
WRONG

Gaming ain't the splintered finger pointing at each other hoes of the 90s. They corporate and got their lobbying groups. There is too much money at play to be going after them.

Remember that GTA 5 torture scene, if that ain't stop em nothing will.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
sq8CE81.gif