I predict violence and graphic content is gonna become a big problem in gaming

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Yeah, nikka what about it? :dame:
Well that scene in the last of us is pretty much that whole game mechanic in gow, idk if there’s much else to buff up censorship beyond what we have now, guts and such are everywhere in m-rated games, games are so violent now a bytch using her hair has a weapon got acclaimed lol, but then again who knows since nothing really gets an Ao rating

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Well that scene in the last of us is pretty much that whole game mechanic in gow, idk if there’s much else to buff up censorship beyond what we have now, guts and such are everywhere in m-rated games, games are so violent now a bytch using her hair has a weapon got acclaimed lol, but then again who knows since nothing really gets an Ao rating

But the point of the thread is with how realistic games are getting the violence and gore are getting these upgrades too and it's making some people feel queasy about it not like watching a movie but it's more personal now since you're going to be playing the character inflicting that kind of damage. The TLOU2 trailer was showing some near life-like shyt with the animations, you can tell ND wants people to be uncomfortable with it.

It didn't bother me but I can see why some people are :huhldup: about it.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
No it isn't and it won't be.

NOW what will prolly happen with more and more online retailers is AO games might actually become more of a thing. But games imo will only get so much more realistic...the next gen is going to be all about scale. Making shyt more interactive, bigger worlds, more "game" if you will.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
All the worry went out the window the moment COD (I think MW2) put in that terrorist/airport shyt and people were getting gunned down. If that got a pass with these sensitive ass Americans, anything will.

Save $ not Hoes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Breh stop being a p*ssy gow3 and the original last of us had plenty of crazy kills just because the graphics improved doenst mean shyt.

That machete kill on that game play trailer was already in the multiplayer. It just looks better now.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Cacs ruin it for everybody
I'm an adult and some cac gonna tell me I need to play different games because white kids use video games as inspiration for violent acts.

Retailers need mandatory briefings for parents buying games that if theyre allowing children to play these games it could be detrimental to their mental health.

No reason in the world i should be hearing lil kids on grand theft auto or have to play candyland because of white mental illness

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
T
Politicians lost this battle in the 80s and 90s. I'm actually surprised we ain't got titties on regular cable yet. If they censor video games sales will drop off a cliff.
The difference now is the sensitive left has taken up the battle and has more influence.

All the worry went out the window the moment COD (I think MW2) put in that terrorist/airport shyt and people were getting gunned down. If that got a pass with these sensitive ass Americans, anything will.
Different era

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
After the last of us 2 and GOT drops and the beginning of next gen starts i feel like the media is gonna rage a big war agaisnt video games and the violence in them....brehs i literally got a serious gut wrenching feeling rewatching that last of us 2 gameplay and seeing elie doin all those gruesome killings...i feel like sony is pushing the envelope just to see what the critics are willing to accept because when next gen rolls around they know 4k gaming is gonna become very realistic and the shyt you will be doing and seeing in these games will be visceral as fukk....while its dope as fukk for us gamers yall kno the world we live in these media nikkas gonna be coming for these companies necks...idk brehs i hope im wrong :yeshrug:

But this already happened with MK bro in the 90's. So why do you think they will be successful vs r-rated games now?

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
its just going to be a political scapegoat if anything. like the 80's/90's when the big wigs paused their rambo tapes long enough to complain about rap music