I own a PS4 & 70 games, Switch & 20: ZELDA BOTW is the best game of both consoles by a huge gap.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
i don't know how yal just keep lumping AC/Ghost of Tsushima together

Tsushima got more in common with Arkham than anything

and neither of those games let me fight giant robot dinosaurs :hhh: lazy
I still gotta cop Ghost of Tsushima. I didn’t play it on the PS4 because I was waiting for the PS5. Copped the PS5 and a bunch of other games and I still gotta get that.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I still gotta cop Ghost of Tsushima. I didn’t play it on the PS4 because I was waiting for the PS5. Copped the PS5 and a bunch of other games and I still gotta get that.
you'll see a lot of varying placements on peoples' GOTY lists regarding GoT - but one thing is consistent

damn near everyone enjoyed it. and that's rare as fukk for any game

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Ghost of Tsushima was :blessed:. It wasn't perfect, but the gameplay was fun and every quest in that game was well written and voice acted from a story standpoint. I enjoyed the shyt out of that game and I am growing weary of open world games.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
This may just be it for me. I'm kind of burnt out on open world experiences with no direction at all. FF7R was honestly refreshing to me because of it's linearity.

Honestly, a lot of linear games are much more immersive than these open-world games. It is the common argument of quantity vs quality. But you also consider that a lot of Action-Adventure and Western RPG's are for the majority open world. And outside of GTA V & Witcher 3 the rest of the open-world games don't serve a purpose. Granted I loved the freedom that BOTW presented. If they added and improved the Zelda elements like dungeons then the sequel could definitely join those two.

But anyway that is part of the reason I have gravitated towards JRPG's as of late. You typically get a unique world to explore and the best of the genre does a great job at worldbuilding. But due to the linear structure almost every area has a purpose.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Honestly, a lot of linear games are much more immersive than these open-world games. It is the common argument of quantity vs quality. But you also consider that a lot of Action-Adventure and Western RPG's are for the majority open world. And outside of GTA V & Witcher 3 the rest of the open-world games don't serve a purpose. Granted I loved the freedom that BOTW presented. If they added and improved the Zelda elements like dungeons then the sequel could definitely join those two.

But anyway that is part of the reason I have gravitated towards JRPG's as of late. You typically get a unique world to explore and the best of the genre does a great job at worldbuilding. But due to the linear structure almost every area has a purpose.

That's all I been asking for! I can clearly see the freedom and shyt they gave you, but it doesn't feel or play like a Zelda game because it barely has Zelda elements to it. I'm sorry for pointing out how flawed of a game it is, but the shyt is flawed.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
That's all I been asking for! I can clearly see the freedom and shyt they gave you, but it doesn't feel or play like a Zelda game because it barely has Zelda elements to it. I'm sorry for pointing out how flawed of a game it is, but the shyt is flawed.

I mean if we all like the same shyt it would be boring AF. I mean your points are valid it still comes with the issue that the game does drag on too much and honestly the game would be better if you removed half of the shrines IMO. That is not even including the korox seeds and I wasn't touching any of that. Basically, too much content that is not needed which is the main problem with all of these open world games.

While I do think it is an awesome game. It is not some 10/10 masterpiece like everyone says it is. With that being said if you weren't allowed to go straight to Ganon after the tutorial section I would have rated the game a lot worse.

Daps
Played the hell out of it was fully immersed when it came out beat it but didn’t go back because of my backlog :mjcry:

Gamepass got a nikka eating too good with these limited games games I actually own probably won’t get touched :wow:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Zelda on eight bit nes = best gaming experience ever

Mike tyson punchout on touchscreen = hardest game ever

Art Barr

methodz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have to say that BOTW was probably the most fun I've had in a console game in the last decade or 2. I know for sure that the only other console games I recall really enjoying in the past 5 or were Persona 5 and RDR.

Which is why I haven't rushed into getting a PS5 and after landing mine, I ended up flipping for a solid profit without any regrets.

But yea BOTW did something not many games do which was take my time and explore while enjoying the game. I never finished it, I didn't care about finishing it. I finished all 4 temples and almost all shrines, got the master sword and played the expansions but never cared about killing Ganon.

Even early in the pandemic, the one game that I played during boring nights was BOTW

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I have to say that BOTW was probably the most fun I've had in a console game in the last decade or 2. I know for sure that the only other console games I recall really enjoying in the past 5 or were Persona 5 and RDR.

Which is why I haven't rushed into getting a PS5 and after landing mine, I ended up flipping for a solid profit without any regrets.

But yea BOTW did something not many games do which was take my time and explore while enjoying the game. I never finished it, I didn't care about finishing it. I finished all 4 temples and almost all shrines, got the master sword and played the expansions but never cared about killing Ganon.

Even early in the pandemic, the one game that I played during boring nights was BOTW
I would play BOTW if I couldn't sleep. shyt does calm me enough for that.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
my favorite thing about the game unlike tsushima, HZD, RDR2, and others is that the environments feel alive and interactive. If you hit something it will react in the way you expect it to. Whether its a tree, water, grass, food, enemies, animals, things have personality and link can effect them.

In a lot of other games it feels like the truman show where everything is just cardboard cutouts and dont react at all to the players. The environments feel very static. Like how in Tsushima you can't cut bamboo outside of the bamboo mini-game. Or in HZD water doesn't splash when you fire an arrow into it and animals just run through it.

BOTW feels like the type of game where i you see something you can go climb it or shoot it, or pull it up and find something to do with it. It's how an open world game should be, OPEN. Oh thats a cool volcano, let me build up my stamina to try and climb up the side of it and see whats in it.
Yup. Game does open world far better than Seikiro, Demon souls, or Ghosts of Tsunumisha

Game has best combat in modern gaming by a long shot, with dark souls/demon souls a distant second

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
2nd best game last gen next to The Witcher 3. And Witcher 3 only edges it out due to it’s phenomenal story and branching paths.

This game saved Nintendo. The Switch flopping would’ve had them gasping for air like Sega was when the Dreamcast flopped.
You sound like a dumbass. Post less