I own a PS4 & 70 games, Switch & 20: ZELDA BOTW is the best game of both consoles by a huge gap.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I've said it once I'll say it again: BOTW, HZD, and TLOU all suffer from the same problem. Games which are great from a technical standpoint but fukking boring as fukk to play.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I have 500 PS4 games and I'd rather play earth defense force 5 then zelda

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I've said it once I'll say it again: BOTW, HZD, and TLOU all suffer from the same problem. Games which are great from a technical standpoint but fukking boring as fukk to play.
The first Last Of Us is pure heat rocks. I haven’t even brought myself to play the 2nd one yet. So I can’t tell u about that. Lol. Horizon Zero Dawn was dope to me. But I can see how someone can be bored with it. I just think we have too many open world games just for the fukk of it rather than dope and focused linear games.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I came in here just to say that I agree with the OP. That is all.

weapon durability mechanic prevented me from adoring it. it's an amazing game though
This was the thing that initially kept me from it. The very first game I ever remember playing that had a weapon degradation system was Dark Cloud. I really liked the game. I grew up playing mainly sports and fighting games, so I was late to RPGs. I missed Final Fantasy VII for instance. The first one of those types of games I played was FF VIII, so I like it over VII which is blasphemous to a lot of folks. So when I came across Dark Cloud not too much longer after that, I had never experienced a game where weapons could break. I ABSOLUTELY HATED IT. I was so pissed because I liked the game and that one mechanic screwed the game up for me. Weapons breaking and respawning enemies became my biggest pet peeves in games and I'd avoid any game that had them. Especially together.

So imagine my surprise when I absolutely loved BOTW. I'd expected to hate it. But I love the Zelda games so much I decided to just bite the bullet and play it anyway. Now its in my list of top 10 games all time. Hell, it's my favorite Zelda game over OOT. I can't explain why I like it so much. It's just a great game. Doesn't need to be defined.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I came in here just to say that I agree with the OP. That is all.

This was the thing that initially kept me from it. The very first game I ever remember playing that had a weapon degradation system was Dark Cloud. I really liked the game. I grew up playing mainly sports and fighting games, so I was late to RPGs. I missed Final Fantasy VII for instance. The first one of those types of games I played was FF VIII, so I like it over VII which is blasphemous to a lot of folks. So when I came across Dark Cloud not too much longer after that, I had never experienced a game where weapons could break. I ABSOLUTELY HATED IT. I was so pissed because I liked the game and that one mechanic screwed the game up for me. Weapons breaking and respawning enemies became my biggest pet peeves in games and I'd avoid any game that had them. Especially together.

So imagine my surprise when I absolutely loved BOTW. I'd expected to hate it. But I love the Zelda games so much I decided to just bite the bullet and play it anyway. Now its in my list of top 10 games all time. Hell, it's my favorite Zelda game over OOT. I can't explain why I like it so much. It's just a great game. Doesn't need to be defined.

It is a great game. I just don't like that aspect of it. The way the gameplay systems and physics system interact is unparalleled though and allows for some really fun plays. You're often surprised with the things you can do, and that's great game design.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The first Last Of Us is pure heat rocks. I haven’t even brought myself to play the 2nd one yet. So I can’t tell u about that. Lol. Horizon Zero Dawn was dope to me. But I can see how someone can be bored with it. I just think we have too many open world games just for the fukk of it rather than dope and focused linear games.

This may just be it for me. I'm kind of burnt out on open world experiences with no direction at all. FF7R was honestly refreshing to me because of it's linearity.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
i don't know what it is

every zelda title puts me right to sleep

I knew a kid in the 8th grade who didn't like OoT. (only person in the entire school who had this opinion btw) We jumped him after school for it. Good times.

Real nikkas not fiending for Zelda out here

Nah. They're playing overhyped, overrated PS4 exclusives that people forget about a month later.

I was done with zelda series after twilight princess but Breath of The Wild re-lit that spark for me. I was one of those people where Ocarina of Time was the most hyped game ever for me leading to it's release and I honestly didn't love it as much as other people did, especially that damn water temple. Something about 3d zelda games haven't clicked with me outside of BoTW and Wind Waker.

OoT lived up to the hype for me. People still talk about it.......

tenor.gif

OoT is also when I lost interest in Zelda series. BOTW did bring me back. It's definitely a classick and top 10 game of the generation, tho I'm not nearly as compelled to replay it as I thought I would be after beating it. I think they dropped the ball on adding some proper post-game content.

lol

Game is fukking amazing. Best programming feat in modern gaming.

First game to have a 'chemistry' engine.

I was off games for a couple yrs until it brought me back
iXDjm38.png

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I hope in the sequel they improve the puzzles and dungeons. The shrines felt really repetitive to me. They felt kind of lacking but beyond that it was a super fun game.

Didn't this shyt have like 120 shrines? And a wide variety of puzzles. Didn't feel repetitive to me.

Last edited:

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
This.

I gave up on it because of this.

You quit an entire game over one feature? The fukk...

What is the best switch game in your opinion :jbhmm:

BOTW is still is. Only the new Metroid and BOTW 2 can top it.

Exactly. Was playing Immortal Fenyx Rising and my kid was like, "daddy, why don't you play Zelda instead?"

I was like, "you know what, you're right"

We then proceeded to play BOTW for 3 hours. Game is absolute piff. Will beat it again with the kiddos

Damn even your kid knows what's up. Bet s/he gets straight As in school. Gonna be an astronaut when s/he grows up.

Hopefully the next Zelda game ( BOTW2?) will get rid of the weapons breaking so damn fast, add more temples, add the hack and slash combat format from hyrule warriors, and bring back Navi (Hey! Listen!)

Man...if they brought back that fairy it would be legendary lol. The fairy can also add another dimension to the gameplay by alerting you when enemies are nearby, healing you, etc.

Idk but odyssey was better. :yeshrug:

It's not even the best Mario game on the Switch.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Horizon Zero Dawn >>>>>>>> BOTW

Zelda is cool and all and an argument can be made that hzd is a zelda clone....but I had a much better experience with hzd... The story is almost cinematic and the graphics sound are way better

Botw story is bare bones, I won't call it trash... The gameplay is cool but it's a repetitive loop like all zelda games...

Do dungeon... Get special weapon that unlocks other dungeon..increase hearts..

Hzd is one of the greatest games I have ever played, it's a lot more fun to me than botw was..

Not even close. HZD is a Ubisoft clone...if you've payed Asssassin's Creed you've played HZD.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Not even close. HZD is a Ubisoft clone...if you've payed Asssassin's Creed you've played HZD.

Last AC game I played was 3

But if you are saying there is AC game as good as HZD ..drop the title and I'll go download it right now

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Last AC game I played was 3

But if you are saying there is AC game as good as HZD ..drop the title and I'll go download it right now

Meh, I’d put HZD closer to Ghost of Tsushima. They def start feeling a little Ubisoft-ish after a while but they are all around way more polished and actually try to do new stuff. The last 3 assassins creed games have been exactly the same thing.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
i don't know how yal just keep lumping AC/Ghost of Tsushima together

Tsushima got more in common with Arkham than anything

and neither of those games let me fight giant robot dinosaurs :hhh: lazy