I noticed actresses have gotten uglier since Harvey Weinstein got locked up

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
Lies. Them chicks in the 70s were hurting. The introduction of cocaine made Hollywood start casting beautiful women
full

giphy.gif

ebony-pam.gif

full

Last edited:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
:mjgrin: Let's not forget as well with all the High Definition Cameras being used now. Everyone wants all the crisp, clear images... everything in high definition, which includes... Actors. The old cameras softened the face, and while not high definition, it helped hide imperfections... now that you have the HDD, you getting smacked in the face.

martin-lawrance-door.gif

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
:yeshrug:Didn’t they say that audiences today. Preferred to see more real/average looking people on television and movies. Instead of unrealistic glammed up celebrities I remember reading that somewhere.
if that was true, then movies wouldn't be flopping more than ever

hollywood and big lingerie companies like victoria secret pandered to social media, but to no dividends

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I think this is false.

Right now every one has better access to more movies than they did before. The only points that I agree with is that acting over beauty is more preferred. Also that women are the #1 consumer and studios don't want to turn them away from a project if a woman is overly beautiful.

For every pretty actress in the past I can post one in the present. For every ugly actress in the present I can post one from the past.

Like cmon breh Mike & Molly was a popular show 7 years before Harvey Weinstein got publicly accused.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
british media is known for that and it's dope cause the actors and actresses can actually act.

For sure. Almost all the British crime shows I watch it's an average looking woman playing the lead, but their acting is so good it doesn't even matter about looks. Happy Valley, Marcella, Broadchurch, Criminal Record.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
I think this is false.

Right now every one has better access to more movies than they did before. The only points that I agree with is that acting over beauty is more preferred. Also that women are the #1 consumer and studios don't want to turn them away from a project if a woman is overly beautiful.

For every pretty actress in the past I can post one in the present. For every ugly actress in the present I can post one from the past.

Like cmon breh Mike & Molly was a popular show 7 years before Harvey Weinstein got publicly accused.

Absolutely but you can’t deny women have lost their sex appeal. The masculine energy they cary shows through their posture, expressions and mannerisms.

Look at Pam Grier, not the best looking women by anyones standard but she owns being a strong feminine women. Even Angelina Jolie had the swagger. The modern day zendya arguably better looking would kill a boner.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
The movie industry, like any industry Entertainment primarily caters to Women because women are the biggest Consumers of mass media and entertainment content. Catering to your most reliable customers ( women in that context) will always increase your popularity and your profits

And most women are old/mid/average-looking/butterfaces/ugly. Most women are also awkward, lack sex appeal and aren’t confident in their looks and bodies.

Of course most women will relate more to average-looking relatable actresses. They see themselves in them and vicariously live through them.

The same reason why box office male actors in Hollywood must be good looking, tall, young and fit. In real life most women regardless of looks feel entitled to successful/handsome/tall/powerful men. Mid women want to see themselves with successful/handsome men, they want to vicariously live their delusional Hollywood/fame dreams through these average looking actresses. 40-50 years ago it was the opposite in Hollywood movies, it was average looking men with bad bytches 😂

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The movie industry, like any industry Entertainment primarily caters to Women.

And most women are old/mid/average-looking/butterfaces/ugly.

Of course most women will relate more to relatable actresses m. They see themselves in them and vicariously live through them.

The same reason why box office male actors in Hollywood must be good looking, tall, young and fit. Mid women want to see themselves with handsome men, they want to vicariously live their Hollywood/fame dreams through these average looking actresses. 40-50 years ago it was the opposite in Hollywood movies, it was average looking men with bad bytches 😂
This isn't actually true. Women, just like men, like to see an idolized version of themselves.

Think about it, how many guys want to see the hero of a movie be a short balding breh?
Arnold wasn't popular because we can relate to being muscle bound Olympians.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Absolutely but you can’t deny women have lost their sex appeal. The masculine energy they cary shows through their posture, expressions and mannerisms.

Look at Pam Grier, not the best looking women by anyones standard but she owns being a strong feminine women. Even Angelina Jolie had the swagger. The modern day zendya arguably better looking would kill a boner.

I'm going to partially agree with you because I don't really watch action movies with female leads. Every year they switch up which girl shoots people up.

If I remember right it went
Angelina Jolie
Charlize Theron
Scarlett Johanson

I also think the current Hollywood strong female character isn't portrayed as sexy. For example they want stuff more like Clarice Starling in Silence of the Lambs instead of Erin Brockovich.