I noticed actresses have gotten uglier since Harvey Weinstein got locked up

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I've seen this comment posted on Twitter before.

The Dark Knight came out 9 years before MeToo :comeon:

Adding to the post about actresses in the 70s, you telling me Superman flew around the world fast enough to make the Earth spin back in time to save this bytch
Kidder-Superman-1-2.jpg

There's always been ugly and pretty actresses. Look into who Alfred Hitchckock hired as his leading women in movies and what he'd do to them.

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug:Didn’t they say that audiences today. Preferred to see more real/average looking people on television and movies. Instead of unrealistic glammed up celebrities I remember reading that somewhere.
Articles are agenda vehicles

That "they" was just a weaponized opinion you read

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie industry, like any industry Entertainment primarily caters to Women because women are the biggest Consumers of mass media and entertainment content. Catering to your most reliable customers ( women in that context) will always increase your popularity and your profits
This is not true and these companies thinking pandering to woman=win button is one of the main reasons why so many of them have lost so much money in recent years

Pandering to women doesn't work if they're still not willing to consume or buy what you're selling

ShadowBroker

Born of the Night
Daps
Reppin
KIC 8462852

Adding to the post about actresses in the 70s, you telling me Superman flew around the world fast enough to make the Earth spin back in time to save this bytch
Kidder-Superman-1-2.jpg

There's always been ugly and pretty actresses. Look into who Alfred Hitchckock hired as his leading women in movies and what he'd do to them.
I agree.

Glen close in Fatal Attraction comes to mind. Great actress but attractive, no.

msdfaat_ec030-2000-fbde0ceaefa24123806d7f9e863b7910.jpg

She looks like a man with a wig on, skrong jaw and all. Eyes close together. Like that’s who you cheated on your pretty wife with. Almost lost everything over her?

Uma Thurman
Hilary Swank
Alicia Silvetstone - looked like a caveman next to Stacy Dash.

All above, mid in the face.

Nothing wrong with them but they were all around pre-MeToo

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
U got nikkas going crazy over zendaya:francis: in a scene with two white men

At least halle berry still look good fukking billy bob

Hollywood used to have a doppelganger system going on for:

Halle berry

Hollywood and entertainment got doppelgangers of Halle berry.

Peep:

White berry : Paula Patton

Berry berry : that Halle berry ginger and freckle berry girl from the avengers' falcon mini series.

Stinky berry : zazie beats

Skinny berry : zendaya

Dancing berry : Twyla[South African dancing singer]

Art Barr

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Kidder-Superman-1-2.jpg

To be fair hollywood has always casted women based on who white people thought or expected a beautiful woman to be so it was a hit or miss to black people. Like Michelle pfeifer, Shannon dougherty, and lindsey lohan. We was watching music videos for our crushes.

Still this thread really had me like

:ehh:

:russ:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I agree.

Glen close in Fatal Attraction comes to mind. Great actress but attractive, no.

msdfaat_ec030-2000-fbde0ceaefa24123806d7f9e863b7910.jpg

She looks like a man with a wig on, skrong jaw and all. Eyes close together. Like that’s who you cheated on your pretty wife with. Almost lost everything over her?

Uma Thurman
Hilary Swank
Alicia Silvetstone - looked like a caveman next to Stacy Dash.

All above, mid in the face.

Nothing wrong with them but they were all around pre-MeToo

Thank you! I just think people got selective memory, trying to get jokes off, or don't know.

There's other actresses you can add to the list. I remember people saying that Kirsten Dunst was too ugly to play Mary Jane Watson.

Another post I saw was that someone said that this changed for women but they still hold men to a higher standard. You guys do know that old ass Liam Neeson is one of the biggest action stars since Taken right? He was 57 when that movie came out :mjlol: Matter of fact most action movies in the past 10 years have been lea by guys 40+. The only exceptions are if you're an Avenger, or Michael B Jordan.

Also you guys gotta stop killing Elisabeth Moss:dead: yea shes ugly but she's a good actress. That's why you still see her in stuff. Her big breakthrough was in Mad Men. She was the leading actress on that show along with fine ass Christina Hendricks and January Jones. Christina Hendricks is still in stuff because she's charming and funny, but I don't see January Jones in much. On the show I thought she continually got out shined in scenes she had to act with her 10 year old daughter. If you don't think January Jones is good looking then :manny: , but you have to admit that she has what people think Hollywood's beauty standard is. Peggy got opportunities off Mad Men, like the other two, and that was before Harvey Weinstein got MeToo'd

Just because I've been watching X Men '97 here's a photo of January Jones as Emma Frost. She looks like the comic book character. I remember when people were calling Jennifer Lawrence mid and she was in the same movie.
january-jones-as-emma-frost-x-men-first-class.jpg

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Did anyone bring up the chick from dark night yet? Ain’t no way Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent were fighting over that Waffle House manager looking chick.
Her and kirsten dunst was straight disrespect to the audience and our eyes

They definitely gargled balls to get them prime time roles cause aint no way

On the flip side malc has a point. Even throw away cast like the blonde chick in 1st transformer movies was nice (the hacker)

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
To be fair hollywood has always casted women based on who white people thought or expected a beautiful woman to be so it was a hit or miss to black people. Like Michelle pfeifer, Shannon dougherty, and lindsey lohan. We was watching music videos for our crushes.

Still this thread really had me like

:ehh:

:russ:

You might be a little bit older than me but when I was in High School every breh I knew wanted to smash Lindsay Lohan when Mean Girls came out.

I had to look up Shannen Doherty because I didn't know what else she's been in besides Charmed, and I only watched that because of Alyssa Milano. I didn't even know she was the main girl in Mall Rats and I've seen that plenty of times so you're right on that:russ: I never watch Beverly Hills 90210 or Heathers. Wait is Mean Girls just Heathers:ohhh:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You might be a little bit older than me but when I was in High School every breh I knew wanted to smash Lindsay Lohan when Mean Girls came out.

I had to look up Shannen Doherty because I didn't know what else she's been in besides Charmed, and I only watched that because of Alyssa Milano. I didn't even know she was the main girl in Mall Rats and I've seen that plenty of times so you're right on that:russ: I never watch Beverly Hills 90210 or Heathers. Wait is Mean Girls just Heathers:ohhh:

Yea breh im in my 40s and 90210, Melrose place, saved by the bell etc had the prototype skinny white girls you wanted to smash. Molly Ringwald ran the 80s and she is nothing special to a breh but white people loved her

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
What is funny is.

The Hollywood model of drop dead gorgeous attractiveness is based on a black woman.

Whom passed for white.

I gotta find her name.

Will post it when I find the links.

Art Barr