I never got why being a stay at home mom is looked down up and is sexist

Binary

Banned
Daps
If men had the same option I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd be a door fixing, car repairing, nail hammering, wall painting ass nikka :lift:

Men do have that option. I posted a while ago how my step-dad took paternity leave so my mom can go back to work. The options are out there, it just depends on the guy. I know I couldn't be a stay at mom because I love working and keeping busy.

folasade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being a stay at home mom is not easy if you don't have hired help. I would love be one though, eventually.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have airforce parents so I only got to live with my mother.

Fair enough, but you should also know most women with families work these days because they have to not because they want to...the median wage in America hasn't increased in ~20 years compared to the cost of living.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I honestly don't know if you fools are trolling anymore. I guess that means you're doing a good job of it.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
my bm was a stay at home mom for a wh!le, once we spl!t & she had to get a job !t was :whoa: she wanna work th!ngs out :mjpls:...

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
If men had the same option I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd be a door fixing, car repairing, nail hammering, wall painting ass nikka :lift:
:youngsabo: done !t breh, no shame, she got "t!red of be!n home all day" ! posted up fast.....
Being a stay at home mom is not easy if you don't have hired help. I would love be one though, eventually.
:what: how you know !f you a!nt done !t??? ! got 4 k!ds, ra!sed my k!ds w!t no h!red help... ! was s!ngle parent, a "stay at home mom" does half of what ! d!d...

SumBlackguyz

Cacs Gonna Cac
Daps
Reppin
Greensboro, NC
Fair enough, but you should also know most women with families work these days because they have to not because they want to...the median wage in America hasn't increased in ~20 years compared to the cost of living.

Im in macro econ after taking micro, so I'm familiar with the stats. Im not saying a woman can't go to school and work for a bit, but all of this "im a strong independent woman" attitude isn't healthy for any of us. we we made to coexist

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im in macro econ after taking micro, so I'm familiar with the stats. Im not saying a woman can't go to school and work for a bit, but all of this "im a strong independent woman" attitude isn't healthy for any of us. we we made to coexist

You can co-exist without pigeon holing people into roles.

This sounds like another coli-hate-women thread to me...I'm out... :salute:

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
people look down on it for the wrong reasons. but frankly you didn't list any good reasons for being a housewife either...

this. nothing wrong with being a stay at home mom. i'd say it's even better for the kids...at least the five 5 years.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Real talk I don't like the fact that my girlfriend has to work. My goal of 2013 is to have it to where she doesn't need to work ever again. Sexist or chivalrous?? hmmm???

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The funny thing is the stay at home mom is basically a myth. Most women that won't rich had to work just like the man.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
and they can even take on another 2 kids for some extra gwap

one of my clients is a stay at home mom (her husband is rich). she's the "hobby lobby" and "micheals" type white chick and she decided to start making jewelry. she sales it at a boutique here and i retail a few of her pieces as well. she's making a chunk of change doin it too. :ehh: