I need Dj Quik to bring back that 98' to 2000 production sound because it's TIMELESS

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Nah. The prominent live instruments started way back on Way 2 Fonky.
It's kinda hard to explain but I get you bro

But I think the main reason is the samples , i also feel his music has evolved

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Book of David is his best record :ohhh:

Maybe I have a better connection to it because I live near Hollywood and it captures the SOUND of the area

I almost saw Quik Snoop DPG in concert too:francis:

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416

Honestly I feel that Book of David was his last dope record. Had more of his classic sound on it. To me Trauma sounded cheap as hell in spots and too experimental in others.

I should give it a second listen. I listened to the album in full when it came out and gave it the :camby:

I felt the production on Trauma was good, yes a bit experimental, but it worked. I wasn't too happy with some of the hooks though...it made some of the songs damn near unlistenable

Daps

Maybe I have a better connection to it because I live near Hollywood and it captures the SOUND of the area

I almost saw Quik Snoop DPG in concert too:francis:

I fukk with that record heavy. That album really surprised me cause it's filled with bangers. Just wish i could get an intstrumental to Do Today, Time Stands Still or So Compton to rock to, matter fact wish Quik released an Instrumental CD like he did with Trauma.

But yeah that album some grown man type shyt there. :blessed:

Daps
The Midnight Life is good to me, there are a few tracks I skip but GOT DAMN if Pet Semetary isn't my favorite Quik song of all time!

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
I fukk with that record heavy. That album really surprised me cause it's filled with bangers. Just wish i could get an intstrumental to Do Today, Time Stands Still or So Compton to rock to, matter fact wish Quik released an Instrumental CD like he did with Trauma.

But yeah that album some grown man type shyt there. :blessed:
Boogie Till You Conk Out:mjgrin:

If you guys don't understand the greatness of Quik listen to that song with head phones

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Almost all my musical idols back then all had hair; Eazy-E, Ice T, and Quik

eazy-e-707857l.jpg

IceT_87.jpg

Dj Quik
tumblr_n37etdIN1g1szbfero1_400.gif

Dru Down >>>
tumblr_mq2bm1IZMh1rxtby0o1_400.gif