I need Dj Quik to bring back that 98' to 2000 production sound because it's TIMELESS

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
He's new music isn't that good because he doesn't use samples anymore and just does "live-band" type shyt

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
:mjcry:

I wish professional sounding production was popular again. I miss the Guitar licks, Crazy basslines, Screaming horns, Cymbals crashing after the fourth bar, That shyt that make you get up and stick your chest out and bob your head and do a little cholo dance.

:lawd:

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
I cried the very 1st time I heard this cause I couldn't believe how great of a job Quik did with this
I'd like to think Roger smiled when he heard this in heaven :mjcry:

When I copped Balance and Options, I cant even tell you how many nights Id be zoned out of my mind on some kush just playing this song over and over AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN

:ohlawd:

I wanna play a groooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove for y oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
When I copped Balance and Options, I cant even tell you how many nights Id be zoned out of my mind on some kush just playing this song over and over AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN

:ohlawd:

I wanna play a groooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove for y oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou

I feel you, bruh. Same here :lawd:

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
Trauma was the last dope Quik album...even then it was good solid output but not as good as Under the Influence which was good but not close to B&0 which Ive said time and time again is my favourite Quik album

I know Safe and Sound & Rthymalism get all the props as they should but B&O was such a great album...shyt came out at a pivotal time in my life...Quiks piano game on that album was too much mayne

My only complaint about it was the covers...I found em unnecessary ..and the skits...funny as it was..it took away from the flow of the album

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He's new music isn't that good because he doesn't use samples anymore and just does "live-band" type shyt

Nah I think it's because he keeps trying to sound current, but it clashes with his old style.

Trauma was the last dope Quik album...even then it was good solid output but not as good as Under the Influence which was good but not close to B&0 which Ive said time and time again is my favourite Quik album

I know Safe and Sound & Rthymalism get all the props as they should but B&O was such a great album...shyt came out at a pivotal time in my life...Quiks piano game on that album was too much mayne

My only complaint about it was the covers...I found em unnecessary ..and the skits...funny as it was..it took away from the flow of the album

Honestly I feel that Book of David was his last dope record. Had more of his classic sound on it. To me Trauma sounded cheap as hell in spots and too experimental in others.