I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps

A Black man co-founded Factory Records too :wow:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2000’s low key ass had to be subjected to cac rock songs, reggaeton, snap music, bunch of formulaic rap and R&B collabs, Spanish guitar beats and Indian sample beats :scust:
Thank God for mixtapes during that period.

You could just see how artist hated their commercial albums so much back then.. when they were doing their press runs.

'Yeah you know, this album is my most well rounded album. I think everybody gonna love it. It's gonna have something for the clubs, for the ladies, can't forget the streets, I definitely got ya(1 song Produced by Preemo, Alchemist, rockwilder types)'

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
A Black man co-founded Factory Records too :wow:

Knew that. Studied Factor Records back in the day. That whole post-punk/new wave era would have been nothing without the Jamaican influence and the appropriation of funk and disco.

Singer from this group up here did some records with Doug Wimbush and Little Axe of Sugar Hill Records founded by Sylvia Robinson.

Gang of Four was clear:

'round the time was Adrian Sherwood and On-U Sound puttin' out the Singers & Players records:

Keith Levene played guitar on this album. Who dat?

That's about '79-'85 Brixton when the riots were happenin'. Take a look at that Scarman Report.

They just take it and remix it, repackage it and put they seal on it. Unknown Pleasures wouldn't sound like it does without dub reggae thanks to Factory Records' Martin Hannett. Factory Records was part of the postcolonial music shift of one of the premier western colonies during their heyday.

Britain built their rock and alternative scenes from the 20th century off ADOS/FBA and Jamaican music mainly. Then New Order was using electro and ADOS/FBA dance music for their sound:

80s was probably when black music became undeniable in the global music market. Wasn't as segregated like it was in the 70s.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
(Pulls up music snob chair)

youre welcome....
UKVu0t8.gif

Tribaligenesis

All Star
Daps
Knew that. Studied Factor Records back in the day. That whole post-punk/new wave era would have been nothing without the Jamaican influence and the appropriation of funk and disco.

Singer from this group up here did some records with Doug Wimbush and Little Axe of Sugar Hill Records founded by Sylvia Robinson.

Gang of Four was clear:

'round the time was Adrian Sherwood and On-U Sound puttin' out the Singers & Players records:

Keith Levene played guitar on this album. Who dat?

That's about '79-'85 Brixton when the riots were happenin'. Take a look at that Scarman Report.

They just take it and remix it, repackage it and put they seal on it. Unknown Pleasures wouldn't sound like it does without dub reggae thanks to Factory Records' Martin Hannett. Factory Records was part of the postcolonial music shift of one of the premier western colonies during their heyday.

Britain built their rock and alternative scenes from the 20th century off ADOS/FBA and Jamaican music mainly. Then New Order was using electro and ADOS/FBA dance music for their sound:

80s was probably when black music became undeniable in the global music market. Wasn't as segregated like it was in the 70s.

You'd enjoy the no dogs in space podcast. They did an in-depth cover of the punk and new wave era bands. From horror punk bands like the misfits to Joy division.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
I miss when white people made good music in the 80s, they had mad hits and they weren't watered down. The 90s was cool but since the 2000s hit it went drastically down hill