I miss the early 2000s

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
It’s too soon for 2000’s nostalgia, it feels like just yesterday, that’s just me :manny:

Not really, the vibes were way way different. shyt fell off by 2010.

Smartphones allowing connectivity 24/7 fukked everything up. The clubs ain't shyt anymore. People don't talk face to face. Etc.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
95 is that undisputed goat HH era imo …we wore Polo/Polo Sport, Nautica, Tommy Hil, timbs, camo…had nas, Wu tang, biggie n pac…and capped off the night with Martin, and Fresh Prince… I spent after school playing ball trying to Impress girls at the rec everyday…I had little job making $30 bucks a week and spent weekends smoking, drinking and trying to get numbers at the mall and movie theater…Philly was a totally different world back then :smugdraper:

88 was dope for fashion.

93 was probably one of my favorite eras because afrocentric and earthy styles came through along with music becoming more conscious.

94-2000 was the most fun time as a kid in terms of music and socializing.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I miss the music but fukk all that other shyt. My career wouldn’t be what it is now without social media and the ease of the internet. Call it what you will but social media has made it possible for black creatives to flourish while retaining creative control AND ownership of their IP. I ain’t trading that for crisp white tees and Fat Albert shirts

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
talltees.jpg

images

epic-fail-baggy-shirt-fail2.jpg

full
I’m dead.
I remember the days of wearing Jersey dresses with Jordan’s, smh.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I miss the music but fukk all that other shyt. My career wouldn’t be what it is now without social media and the ease of the internet. Call it what you will but social media has made it possible for black creatives to flourish while retaining creative control AND ownership of their IP. I ain’t trading that for crisp white tees and Fat Albert shirts

Social media is cool, it's the smartphones that fukked everything up.

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
Early 2000s:blessed:

Spitting game was alive and well IN PERSON. I'd kill to be adult in this era!

The internet wasn't overly saturated. More like a form of escape. A fresh breath of air.

Rap city & 106 Park at it's prime!

Neosoul era at it's prime!

Pre cancel culture/PC era!

Before smart phones were main form of communication!

Conversations were based on authenticity. Less anxious vibes.

Events were packed full of vigor and energy!

PS2/Dreamcast/Xbox were rulling the gaming world. I was a massive game head in my adolescence.

Music videos still had video vixens with real bodies.

Trump's presidency, 9/11, smartphones/IG and COVID changed the game forever.

Myspace was the best social media network that was ahead of it's time.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
:mjcry:
Yeah :flabbynsick::flabbynsick: but….

Fashion: Air Force 1 sneakers, New Era baseball cap matching with your clothes, nightclubs on a Saturday night, pre camera cell phones was :ahh: I’ve got so many memories

Gaming in my PS2 on my CRT TV. Resident Evil 4, San Andreas, FFX, MGS3. Could spend summer gaming all day, no work.

Cam’ron and Dipset were hot. Purple Haze, Diplomatic Immunity.

I miss my youth :mjcry:
I miss the early 2000s and the 90s :yeshrug:. I miss the first 15 years of my life