I miss the early 2000s

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah :flabbynsick::flabbynsick: but….

Fashion: Air Force 1 sneakers, New Era baseball cap matching with your clothes, nightclubs on a Saturday night, pre camera cell phones was :ahh: I’ve got so many memories

Gaming in my PS2 on my CRT TV. Resident Evil 4, San Andreas, FFX, MGS3. Could spend summer gaming all day, no work.

Cam’ron and Dipset were hot. Purple Haze, Diplomatic Immunity.

I miss my youth :mjcry:

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Me and my boy was just talking about that yesterday. I wish I was the age I am now in the early 2000s. I was a teen towards the end of it but I still remember people weren’t walking around like zombies. Women would actually give you direct choosing signals (girls these days think staring at you for a second then looking away is flirting) Sm was around but it was still healthy.

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
Yea i dont miss the baggy clothes, dudes looking like fools looking back at it. I miss everything else. It was right around the time where we had the perfect balance between tech and freedom in our daily lives to still communicate directly. People were more forthcoming in general. They would go out on weekends dressing their best because they knew that was probably the only chance they had at finding gf/bf. The dot com bubble had just burst...shyt was like what we look at crypto now. People HAD to hang out to socialize. Most didn't have a cell phone.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
talltees.jpg

images

epic-fail-baggy-shirt-fail2.jpg

full

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Yea i dont miss the baggy clothes, dudes looking like fools looking back at it. I miss everything else. It was right around the time where we had the perfect balance between tech and freedom in our daily lives to still communicate directly. People were more forthcoming in general. They would go out on weekends dressing their best because they knew that was probably the only chance they had at finding gf/bf. The dot com bubble had just burst...shyt was like what we look at crypto now. People HAD to hang out to socialize. Most didn't have a cell phone.

All true
Yo go to lounges and everyone chatting in group settings dancing

The baddest chicks were just normal and didnt have a 40k fan base online
:whew:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
it was pretty dope.
i'd go back even farther.
95-05 goat era.
95 is that undisputed goat HH era imo …we wore Polo/Polo Sport, Nautica, Tommy Hil, timbs, camo…had nas, Wu tang, the Roots, biggie n pac…and capped off the night with Martin, and Fresh Prince… I spent after school playing ball trying to Impress girls at the rec everyday…I had little job making $30 bucks a week, a beeper that cost me $10 a month to keep on...and gas was $1.10 a gallon... I spent spent weekends on the block smoking, drinking and trying to get numbers at the mall and movie theater…if you didn't crack on a chick....that was it...chances are you would never seen them again....there was no IG, Facebook, dating apps or text messages to find and hit them up again... you either took your shot, hit or miss, or you moved on the next...I can't even begin to tell you how many little pieces of papers with numbers that I ended up losing before the night was over :wow:....life in Philly was a totally different world back then :smugdraper:

Last edited:

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I don't miss the fashion, but I miss everything else about it. Music, slang, going out, not everything was digital. Real conversations. There was paper chasing, but there wasn't anywhere near as much clout chasing. The chicks weren't as fake, or at least they weren't overdoing it.