“ I know the black experience and she (K Harris) not it 🤨…. Come on in and see who playing in your face

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Everybody is pressed to vote for trump I guess, I don’t get it

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
We’re not ready to have the convo about how this is the sort of dirty trick Kendrick used against Drake… :sas2:
It is, but the big difference is Kamala isn’t running around the US changing her accent and mimicking people in different regions of the nation every 2 years :mjlol:

And I pointed out what you said before.

Black MEN take exception with Drake because he isn’t full Black and gets to be the light skinned (MIXED) guy who is accepted.
When it comes to him, you gotta be fully Black to represent Black men.

However, when Black WOMEN take exception to mixed or non-Black (i.e. Latinas) women taking up space in our culture and representing Black women, brehs say that we are hating simply because they find those women sexually attractive. So those women get included in the fold while the mixed guys aren’t fully accepted by Black men.

If Kamala wasn’t in politics there’d be less pushback lol

That being said- Drake seems like he moves like a scumbag behind the scenes and no one rocked with him on a serious level outside of making money, so no one really cares what happens with him now. K Dot was able to get the fans on board so, yea. Aw well. 🤷🏾‍♀️

That being said- we need to vote Blue. If it’s Kamala, it’s Kamala and some random cac repeating what he read/heard on a corner of social media shouldn’t be listened to at all

that guy

Superstar
Daps
What is the 'black experience'? Only someone whose family just came off of a plantation somewhere? Only black people who lived in a gangs and drug plagued neighborhood with drug addicts roaming the streets? There are a large variety of environments and economic climates black folks grew up in. I'm tired of this notion that only if you come from poverty and destruction can you represent the 'black experience'.
That was a nice try but no one said anything about poverty and destruction, either though poverty and destruction due to systematic racism is what characterizes the black experience for much of Americas history.

Black people are not a monolith. We are the most diverse group of people on the planet but we’re all categorized into one monolithic group called “black” by the least diverse group on the planet (Caucasians)

Minimizing the African-american experience in America over the past 300+ years by saying ALL black people are the same is very disrespectful.

Especially when it comes to people like Kamala Harris and their family. When they came in the 1960’s they immediately recognized that america is a country where your treatment in society is based on your race which is why kamala’s “black” father identified as Jamaican and not black. Y’all want to be black when it’s beneficial otherwise you claim your country specific lineage.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Is this supposed to get me to back the racist police that the Republican party stands for? Get the nonsense outta here. There is no Republican paying my bills or making things easy for me. Only thing i like are Republican models so i can remind them of how stupid and out of touch they are on a daily basis. Make America Smart Again.

Last edited:

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
There is a coordinated right wing bad faith efforts by racists to propagate this type of filth to create strive and tension, this are the same anti black folks who want to throw the book at every black person, lets not fall for this nonsense. I blame idiots like tariq as well, this woman was born and raised in the us , was in busing programs as a young kid, and attended HBCUs and has always aligned herself with her black identity, this is a bad faith effort by the GOP

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
A Republican white man is trying to say he knows what the black experience for women is??? :camby: :mjtf:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
That was a nice try but no one said anything about poverty and destruction, either though poverty and destruction due to systematic racism is what characterizes the black experience for much of Americas history.

Black people are not a monolith. We are the most diverse group of people on the planet but we’re all categorized into one monolithic group called “black” by the least diverse group on the planet (Caucasians)

Minimizing the African-american experience in America over the past 300+ years by saying ALL black people are the same is very disrespectful.

Especially when it comes to people like Kamala Harris and their family. When they came in the 1960’s they immediately recognized that america is a country where your treatment in society is based on your race which is why kamala’s “black” father identified as Jamaican and not black. Y’all want to be black when it’s beneficial otherwise you claim your country specific lineage.

Maybe you're referring to some Africans or some Dominicans, but I've never heard of Jamaicans 'only claiming black when its convenient'. Racist white Americans aren't treating Jamaicans any better than domestic blacks, so claiming Jamaican isn't going to protect them from anything. Jamaicans also went through slavery as well, so the experience of a Jamaican, especially if they lived in America since they were young is not THAT different than American blacks. No racist white man is going to be like, "Oh wait, you're Jamaican. You're one of the good ones."

Things might be slightly different than someone who is African and immigrated here as an adult and didn't have a lineage who went through slavery. They don't have the same feelings towards white people, but they will largely get the same treatment. They identify themselves by their culture but white folks don't.

As far as Kamala, I don't really know the extent of her experiences and how much of the "black experience" she got. Before we can say whether she got the 'black experience", we need to define what that is. What is the 'black experience'?