I know Superman is a comic/animation but why can’t people still tell Clark is Superman

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im currently watching Superman The Aninated Series and it’s a great show but come on…..

Clark Kent is hanging around with Louis Lane and within a second he’s missing and then Superman shows up.

Let’s ignore the fact that Clark Kent is a tall muscular man built just like Superman.

He lives in a high rise apartment with windows open and sometimes even flies out of there. Nobody can see him

We are also told Lex Luthor is a highly intelligent man and he can’t figure out the real identity of his greatest enemy? He’d do everything to get some krypton but can’t figure out who Superman is?

I mean look, it’s a great series and I’m enjoying it and supposed to be a cartoon so we should just suspend disbelief but I find it hard to :mjlol:
He is wearing glasses

I get it

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Making a salary of $52K a year wearing $300 suits and $100 shoes he got on sale at Aldo’s:lolbron:
Superman in the Steve Harvey suit got me dying :dead:

Lois: Braniac outchea buggin, Clark :dahell: We need to get to the scene. Get Jimmy and meet me at the Daily Planet company car :damn:

Clark: I just remembered I left some waffles cooking at the crib, I'll meet you there
BZZdELLIEAEIwrB.jpg

Lois: nikka wha-:gucci: *turns around and Clark is gone*

*45 mins later after seeing Supes stop Braniac, Clark shows up to the scene*

Clark: My bad, those waffles was hitting :mjlit: :manny:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I used to say the same thing but there’s a JBO thread called women with glasses and ngl there were a couple women I didn’t recognize at first bcuz of how the glasses framed their face

plus we get a good look of his face cuz we’re watching the movie or whatever but in real life scenario dude is always gonna be flying fast, fighting monsters and shyt so folks are not always gonna necessarily have a clear look at his face long enough to recognize him as a “civilian”

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's happened to me with a few celebs where I'm like 'is that.....nah can't be.....oh shyt it is'

ya I didn’t recognize rihanna at first (couple years before “run this town” timeframe)…tried to walk up to her thinking she was just a really nice looking woman and I’d say something to her but she moved away from me :mjlol:

I saw ppl pointing and thought they were laughing at me…this went on for about 5 minutes until I realized they were just pointing at her…got a better look at her face (she was wearing glasses ironically) and then realized oh shyt that’s how rihanna wears her hair too (blonde short cut) before it fully hit me lol

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was a bagger at Publix when I was 18. This tiny, unusually hairy woman acted offended when I tried to take her groceries to her car. I just shrugged and walked over to another line where another really small lightskinned woman was finishing up. I bagged her groceries up and she had no problem letting me walk her to her car. She was really nice, tipped me $20 and we chatted for a couple minutes before I came back in. A bunch of people were gathered around and was like... HOW WAS IT?! I was perplexed. They told me I just took T-Boz's groceries out and the other woman was Chili. Apparently they lived in the neighborhood right across the intersection from mine and I never knew it. Since they were dressed down and not wearing makeup they looked completely different than how I was used to seeing them.

Long story short, when someone dresses and carries themselves differently it can be easier to miss them than you'd expect.

moral of the story—chili a bytch lol

Somebody

All Star
Daps
Superman in the Steve Harvey suit got me dying :dead:

Lois: Braniac outchea buggin, Clark :dahell: We need to get to the scene. Get Jimmy and meet me at the Daily Planet company car :damn:

Clark: I just remembered I left some waffles cooking at the crib, I'll meet you there
BZZdELLIEAEIwrB.jpg

Lois: nikka wha-:gucci: *turns around and Clark is gone*

*45 mins later after seeing Supes stop Braniac, Clark shows up to the scene*

Clark: My bad, those waffles was hitting :mjlit: :manny:

Seriously, this makes me think of when something random is happening and I think to pull out my phone, but know that by time I do it, it’ll be over.

That’s probably what it’s like being a journalist. You’re on the upper east side. something is poppin off in park slope. U gotta be there.

Clark’s excuse is he’s just not that good of a journalist lol

Now I gotta search up on YouTube content on Jung’s philosophy of the mask and the shadow in comic books lol