I just watched 'There Will Be Blood".

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
You listed Spiderman 3 over Ratatouille and Eastern Promises and Bourne Ultimatum.

:mindblown:

I mean, I was just going based off what came to mind first, in no particular order regardless of how I felt about it. But I don't think Ratatouille was geared toward the same audience so...

Last edited:

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
what did you see in this that was so different from the movie you saw

I expected a lot more action. The trailers that ran on TV for it were even more deceptive. It was very talky and at the end of the day, fairly pointless. I don't mind that in a film but I like to be prepared for it :manny:.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I expected a lot more action. The trailers that ran on TV for it were even more deceptive. It was very talky and at the end of the day, fairly pointless. I don't mind that in a film but I like to be prepared for it :manny:.
I never saw the trailer until now. I watched the movie and it was what it was. I agree even from the first 30 mins, I was expecting more..... blood. But it was still good

What you described tho is exactly how I felt about no country for old men. Killer assassin chases man with stolen drug money. Cops chase them both. Awesome trailer

But it was also wordy and artsy with too few action scenes for me. Killed the main guy off screen. Bad ass villain and we maybe see 2-3 kills from him. All that “choose your own ending” ending bullshyt with the wife and the cop.

I really got to be in the mood to sit through it

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
it's between it, No Country for Old Men, The Dark Knight, & Children of Men (my pick) for me
Children of men is one the most amazing films of all time. I try to get everyone who comes by to watch it. Every time, they are stuck to the tv. And me too, like I never seen it.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
I never saw the trailer until now. I watched the movie and it was what it was. I agree even from the first 30 mins, I was expecting more..... blood. But it was still good

What you described tho is exactly how I felt about no country for old men. Killer assassin chases man with stolen drug money. Cops chase them both. Awesome trailer

But it was also wordy and artsy with too few action scenes for me. Killed the main guy off screen. Bad ass villain and we maybe see 2-3 kills from him. All that “choose your own ending” ending bullshyt with the wife and the cop.

I loved No Country but I feel you on everything you said. It's a dope book though, highly recommend it.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Bout to watch it for the first time now, while getting some work done . Got this confused with no country for old men. Trying not to read these comments so I won’t spoil it myself like I usually do but I’ll be back to compare it to posts on this thread - is it similar in genres like the Road to Perdition? Gangs of New York?

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Not a Daniel Day Lewis fan tbh. Only got halfway through this flick. Ill give it another go tomorrow i guess

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Bout to watch it for the first time now, while getting some work done . Got this confused with no country for old men. Trying not to read these comments so I won’t spoil it myself like I usually do but I’ll be back to compare it to posts on this thread - is it similar in genres like the Road to Perdition? Gangs of New York?
So, how you like it?

mag357

Superstar
Daps
I be telling ppl DDL is my fav actor, by far... they get mad cause i dnt say denzel or some shyt..
This nikka makes a long ass movie, that most ppl would probly fall asleep on... Good as hell and unforgettable.
I liked him as Bill Cutting best tho

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

People say in here complaining about a slow movie

You need to watch The American with George Clooney.

That sh!t was the biggest scam in terms of trailer to actual movie

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
That movie taught me a lot about being conniving. :whew:

There was this scene where Dano was trying force DDL to do something for him and DDL was like "Sure, anything else I can do for you?" and when then time came, DDL didn't do that shyt at all and instead completely flipped the script on Dano :mjlol:

That shyt let me know that you can appear to take an L in one instance but be plotting against someone the whole time :wow: