I just watched "Do the Right Thing", hate the ending

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked the ending. The reason why Radio Raheem died was all because of bullshyt Buggin Out. That's why Sal told Mookie how could you let your friend Buggin Out let things happened. Buggin Out started some over silly bullsh!t. The racist is Buggin Out trying to start a boycott that what cause Raheem died. Sal's kid (Pino, the older brother) is also racist too.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The movie ends with nobody understanding Sal, who was actually an important and positive figure in the neighborhood. Nothing is really resolved. Radio Raheem said love would prevail but it didn't.
that was the point... none of this hollywood bullshyt, lets kiss and fall in love shyt

look at treyvon

"lets black our profile pics until he gets justice"

*gets no justice*

"fukk it lets go back to talking about nikkas, bytches, fukking, haters, money, and regular shyt"

everything is like this... a "riot for the night" and then 3 months later, nobody cares and it's all back to normal... he made the movie in the 80s.. and if i they did a word for word remake, it'd still hold up today with the exact same principles

so the ending was exactly what happened in real life

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I take back what I said in this thread. The ending was good.

And yeah Bugging Out was an idiot. Why the heck would a Italian owned restaurant have a black pictures????
because all of the money that kept that business afloat was black money?

buggin out was an idiot but sal shoulda put some brothers on the wall. he was lucky to be embraced by that community tbh, it wouldn't hurt to throw some black singers and athletes on the wall next to the italians, it wasnt like sammy and frank didn't fukk with each other. one of the most famous dodgers of all time was half black/half sicilian :why:

b. woods

Peace
Daps
I think you overlooked the fact this was PRECISELY the point. Nobody does "the right thing".

dap-o.gif
Dap + rep

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think you overlooked the fact this was PRECISELY the point. Nobody does "the right thing".

Exactly. No one knows what the right thing to do is so everyone is left to their own devices. The right thing could be defined by your race and culture or the individual and so many people in that movie are caught up in race and culture as opposed to the individual. No one stops to think what the right thing is. Such a dope movie

Nefrodamus

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#90'sgang
So you say it's basically just like real life.

He ended it as realistically as possible given the fact that a young black male was killed and another dragged off by the police to be incarcerated and beaten....

The mindset of the community at that point was "fukk Sal". He lost his business but he didn't lose either of his sons and he probably had some form of property insurance so he was good. Even in defeat the White Man will be ok. The little bit of money he tossed Mookie was inconsequential and they both knew it....

Ya, that's the point.

This is one of the few endings Spike nailed, don't take this from him.

The ending to Do the Right Thing is perfect

one star thread.
missed the point of the movie entirely

that was a great ending... so damn real...

imagine how corny that movie would've been if everybody had ended up doing the right thing.
holding hands and singing kumbaya at the end. :scust:

that was the point... none of this hollywood bullshyt, lets kiss and fall in love shyt

look at treyvon

"lets black our profile pics until he gets justice"

*gets no justice*

"fukk it lets go back to talking about nikkas, bytches, fukking, haters, money, and regular shyt"

everything is like this... a "riot for the night" and then 3 months later, nobody cares and it's all back to normal... he made the movie in the 80s.. and if i they did a word for word remake, it'd still hold up today with the exact same principles

so the ending was exactly what happened in real life

I think it ended just fine. Showed what one person having a nikka moment could lead too.

I take back what I said in this thread. The ending was good.

And yeah Bugging Out was an idiot. Why the heck would a Italian owned restaurant have a black pictures????

dap-o.gif
Dap + rep
Nah, fukk that. At least let the audience know why Sal liked Mookie's sister so much. It was a little too open ended

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I thought the ending was good EXCEPT that Mookie decided to go back for his pay and Sal gave to him with little resistance

Why would he pay the worker who helped burn his whole business down :heh:

Other than that though, I thought it was a great ending.

And the movie sorta predicted the future considering the Crown Heights and LA Riots happened a few years later, and the gentrification briefly mentioned in the movie (which likely seemed cartoonish at the time) ended up taking place for real 30 + years later.