I just watched all the Halloween films, from 78 to 22, and holy shyt this series is hot garbage

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
The old movies are so amateurishly made it made me lose all respect for John Carpenter

What the fukk is this dude Michael Myers' problem? Why does he want to kill everyone in Haddonfield? And why is he after Laurie Strode? Is she his sister or not? They retconned it in the new movies to say that she isn't. So why has he been after her for decades?

I did manage to salvage a good "IN" gif from these movies tho:

michael-myers.gif

:ohlawd:

motionlessZombie

All Star
Daps
Go read on the history of the first Halloween movie. The 78 movie was supposed to be a stand alone movie and the series was going to be a anthology series. Myers was supposed to be pure evil in human form. He had no reason to kill. He just snapped one night and killed his older sister, Judith at the age of 6. The studio threw money at John Carpenter and he made a sequel, which he didn't want to do, and added the "sibling" storyline as explanation to why Michael kills. Halloween 3 was to go back to Carpenter's original anthology idea, but the fans wanted more Myers and Moustapha Akkad got the rights and produced H4 through resurrection. Rob Zombie did his 2 movie reboot, and Blumhouse did the recent last 3.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Go read on the history of the first Halloween movie. The 78 movie was supposed to be a stand alone movie and the series was going to be a anthology series. Myers was supposed to be pure evil in human form. He had no reason to kill. He just snapped one night and killed his older sister, Judith at the age of 6. The studio threw money at John Carpenter and he made a sequel, which he didn't want to do, and added the "sibling" storyline as explanation to why Michael kills. Halloween 3 was to go back to Carpenter's original anthology idea, but the fans wanted more Myers and Moustapha Akkad got the rights and produced H4 through resurrection. Rob Zombie did his 2 movie reboot, and Blumhouse did the recent last 3.
But there was no explanation in the movie itself for why he was invincible, or was there and I missed it?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Movies 4,5, and 6 were starting the thorn storyline which was going to explain it. But they dropped it all together because 5 & 6 were terrible movies.
The breh I was responding to said the first film was gonna be a standalone film, so there had to be some sort of explanation within that film for why Michael Myers kept coming back like the Terminator, but I don't recall one

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
The breh I was responding to said the first film was gonna be a standalone film, so there had to be some sort of explanation within that film for why Michael Myers kept coming back like the Terminator, but I don't recall one

...no, there didn't need to be one.

like the homie said, Carpenter said he was the embodiment of evil...with no real reason to kill, and was just chaos for chaos sake

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Not much happened in the first movie to make him terminator tho

He took a hanger to the eye and got shot.

For a monster that’s light work

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I did enjoy Halloween 1, 3, H20, 1st Rob Zombie Remake, and 2018. Kills might be alright but I didn't like Ends.

To be honest you can pretty much say this for most big name Horror franchises.

Nightmare on Elm Street - 1,3,4, and New Nightmare.

Friday the 13th - For me just 4,6, and Jason X. I like Jason x a lot but I understand people's hate for it.

Chucky- You can watch them all tbh. I enjoy all of them to a degree except Seed but I haven't watched it for awhile.

The Evil Dead - You can watch them all to be honest. Even the TV show.

Final Destination - 1,2, and 5.

Dead Series - Night, Dawn, and Dawn remake.
Jaws - They only made one :ufdup:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - I remember liking the first 2 and the remake with Jessica Biel.

Leprechaun - I only like the Hood ones:manny:

Alien - First 2.

Hellraiser - First 2 for sure. 3 is ok but I like 5 for whatever reason. The 2022 remake was alright.

Actually thinking about this right now I can't decide what franchise had the bigger fall off between Alien or Hellraiser. The first 2 films in both franchises are great but I wouldn't recommend any of the sequels to anyone.

Ghostface

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
I’ll be honest, I like all of them except resurrection, Zombies H2 and Halloween Ends.

Halloween 5 and 6 I admit weren’t good but there are still some things I like about them. I don’t like they dropped the Jamie becoming the killer storyline for 5 and made her a mute with psychic abilities lol

Other than those 3 I first listed, I can still watch the rest of them, I admit there was a big decline until H20 came out, which I thought was really good