I just started watching Homeland season 1 and....

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've watch enough of 24 to see where this plot is going. I hope I'm wrong. But if a certain higher up is involved this is too predictable.

Alex Gansa, Chip Johanssen and Howard Gordon, the guys behind "Homeland", all worked on "24".

I'll tell you a bit more after you finish season 1.

Fred.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Alex Gansa, Chip Johanssen and Howard Gordon, the guys behind "Homeland", all worked on "24".

I'll tell you a bit more after you finish season 1.

Fred.

Just finished Season 1. Look, it ended in a way where I want to see where it's going for Season 2. I like the acting. Some of the family drama. But honestly, I really no interest in Carrie. She just comes off as troubled and don't just mean her mental health issues. She's just too weak minded. Maybe I'm sexist, I don't know. Does she have some complexity. Sure. But it's not in a way where I have any feelings in hatred or love. Sure, she figured out some things. And her actions certainly "saved the day". But she just doesn't hold my interest as a main character and comes off annoying.

Brody is the main reason I want to watch this. Obviously, near the season end, he obviously "believes what he believes". But at the same time he def. is convicted by his love of "love ones". So I don't know which way he's going to go.
I know the fans of this show will obviously disagree but I wish this show would revolve around him and Carrie was a minor character.

Wished :wtf: didn't go out that easily. But at least he was a good Black bad guy for a minute

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just finished Season 1. Look, it ended in a way where I want to see where it's going for Season 2. I like the acting. Some of the family drama. But honestly, I really no interest in Carrie. She just comes off as troubled and don't just mean her mental health issues. She's just too weak minded. Maybe I'm sexist, I don't know. Does she have some complexity. Sure. But it's not in a way where I have any feelings in hatred or love. Sure, she figured out some things. And her actions certainly "saved the day". But she just doesn't hold my interest as a main character and comes off annoying.

Brody is the main reason I want to watch this. Obviously, near the season end, he obviously "believes what he believes". But at the same time he def. is convicted by his love of "love ones". So I don't know which way he's going to go.
I know the fans of this show will obviously disagree but I wish this show would revolve around him and Carrie was a minor character.

Wished :wtf: didn't go out that easily. But at least he was a good Black bad guy for a minute

The writers have discussed removing Brody totally from the series because as time goes on they're obviously gonna run out of things for him to do.

I have a feeling you're really going to hate season 2. :heh:

Season 1 is based on an Israeli series called "Hatufim" by Gideon Raff. Season 2 is the first time the writers had to come up with their own ideas and it's a lot more "24"-ish than the first season.

Fred.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
35I8H8n.jpg

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This romance stuff def. appeals to women. Brody still my main reason watch this. Hopefully, I'm misreading this Saul thing. But
who else had access to the DVD that Saul found on Brody and would be able to release it to the press? I hope they didn't make it that obvious that he's the mole.
But Saul had it right about Carrie. She's the smartest, dumbest person he knew. Carrie character is still unappealing to me. No way would she be in that type of position with her craziness. That was a great ending but I'm sorry I can't put this over Breaking Bad.

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Haven't read any discussion thread. But I'm assuming the 2 obvious suspects are:
Hitman dude who showed up to Estese place. And Saul. Assuming that dude ain't dead, he didn't kill Brody because he wamted to frame him. Saul b/c of his lie detector test. And he wasn't there when the bomb blew up

One4Deuce

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Minnesota
Haven't read anything in this thread because I don't want spoilers but I'm on the finale of season 1, will be watching tonight. I'm liking this show, how does season 2 compare?

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Started this show yesterday and finished today. This show is crazy but what threw me off is the

Carrie and Brody love. I can't remember the last time I got mad a writing decision but this was totally unnecessary. How is your job based on chasing one person you consider a national threat and then you go fukking him?

Carrie is like the female McNulty (and her boss actually reminds me of Daniels lol)

My fav ep was the one with Brody and Abu Nazir son. The bonding was great, really enjoyed that.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
:salute:

I put several people onto this show (mostly females) and they are now forever indebted to me ... Ill cash in in due time

Fastforward 5 years from now

Me: Yeo why don't u swing by my crib? :aicmon:

Her: but it's 3 am I'm in bed :rudy:

Me: but I put u onto homeland tho...:smugfavre:

Her: ok let me jump in the shower :ld:

Me: :win:
It's been 5 years breh. You cash in on that p*ssy yet :heh: