I just realized what Pixar's secret is :leon:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Well obviously that's not fact that's your opinion. Secondly your initial argument was about hits. Hits are successes that make money which isn't subjective at all. That is an actual fact. So if we want to talk about Disney's recent output since john Lassiter took over, it's been a hit factory. Whether they all work for you is a different issue but we're talking purely facts and figures. In fact the only flop they've really had on the books is the BFG

And sure it's not a "fact" to say that Pixar's only flop in the 2000s was Cars but lets be real

4319_heading.jpg

Finding-Nemo.jpg

The-Incredibles-the-incredibles-620919_300_4501.jpg

Movie-Ratatouille.jpg

walle3.png

VKmovieup.jpg

We gon act like Walt Disney Animation Studios was fukkin with Pixar in the 2000s? :usure:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This thread hasn't been relevant since Toy Story 3 :heh:

I've been way more excited for the stuff Disney does without Pixar than with it over the last five years.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
"Hit" is not the right word I guess, more like Zootopia was the first Disney movie in a while that I actually heard people discussing. Frozen is technically a bigger hit than any of them box-office wise but the acting and writing at certain points is :trash:.

Elza's acting :huhldup:

Frozen is god tier to these kids shyt don't make no sense
My kids love it and when we went to Disneyland the damn frozen play line was so long people came 3hrs early just to hope to get in

And when they had a parade the damn side character got bigger cheers than most of the other characters especially Olaf

I don't personally hate the movie just funny how the first sneak peek looked like trash so it didn't hit off big till it came out and word of mouth was so strong shyt became a massive hit and still is to this day kids still dress as them and the toys still sell

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Iron Giant had critical acclaim, there are disney movies from the 90s with critical acclaim and commercial acclaim that weren't cult status, so its hard for me to even put Iron Giant up there. I know who Bird is, I'm not really a huge fan of his work, I like The Incredibles, but Iron Giant and Ratatouille aren't in the levels of greats to me.

That said I'm will agree to disagree with you.

I'd put
Snow White
Cinderella
Beauty and The Beast
The Little Mermaid
Lion King
Pinocchio
Secret of Nihm
The Land Before Time
Aladdin
Dumbo
The Jungle Book
Mulan
An American Tale

and others as some of my favorite animated films of the 20th century in the kids/family role, secret of Mihm

No Nightmare Before Christmas? I was expecting you to say that before a lot of these films. An American Tail breh? :what:The other ones I could see since you obviously fukk with Disney's 90s run. Personally though I don't see how you could think The Land Before Time is a better movie than The Iron Giant.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
No Nightmare Before Christmas? I was expecting you to say that before a lot of these films. An American Tail breh? :what:The other ones I could see since you obviously fukk with Disney's 90s run. Personally though I don't see how you could think The Land Before Time is a better movie than The Iron Giant though.
I don't like Nightmare Before Christman like that, I probably like Iron giant more than that.
As for The Land Before Time, I think its a classic, you probably notice I'm a big bluth studio fan.
As for American Tail, you got a problem with Fievel nikka :birdman:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
"Hit" is not the right word I guess, more like Zootopia was the first Disney movie in a while that I actually heard people discussing. Frozen is technically a bigger hit than any of them box-office wise but the acting and writing at certain points is :trash:.

Elza's acting :huhldup:

Homie where were you when frozen swept the freaking world lol

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Homie where were you when frozen swept the freaking world lol

It swept women and children around the world, it's overrated though. The story was telegraphed even by Disney standards and the score is easily one of the worst out of any Disney musical film. I'm not going to claim that's a fact but tbr I was surprised how well reviewed it was, it was typical Disney with another love story only this time they subverted a few of their own tropes.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It swept women and children around the world, it's overrated though. The story was telegraphed even by Disney standards and the score is easily one of the worst out of any Disney musical film. I'm not going to claim that's a fact but tbr I was surprised how well reviewed it was, it was typical Disney with another love story only this time they subverted a few of their own tropes.

Doesn't need to sweep men for it to be a phenomenon tho man. We aren't the end all be all. It's okay for some things to appeal to kids and women. Little mermaid wasn't big for guys my age when I was a kid but that doesn't mean it wasn't huge. It's about looking beyond your circle and realizing the world is bigger than you

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Doesn't need to sweep men for it to be a phenomenon tho man. We aren't the end all be all. It's okay for some things to appeal to kids and women. Little mermaid wasn't big for guys my age when I was a kid but that doesn't mean it wasn't huge. It's about looking beyond your circle and realizing the world is bigger than you

A movie can target women and not be generically written, there's been a number of them this year alone. Zootopia for that matter was targeted at women and was far more enjoyable.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
A movie can target women and not be generically written, there's been a number of them this year alone. Zootopia for that matter was targeted at women and was far more enjoyable.

Again, that's your opinion homie. This whole thread was started because you have an opinion which can be valid but you're coming at it basically saying Disney doesn't always make movies that appeal to you therefore they're wack

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Again, that's your opinion homie. This whole thread was started because you have an opinion which can be valid but you're coming at it basically saying Disney doesn't always make movies that appeal to you therefore they're wack

Frozen IS generic and especially coming from Disney. It's not a noticeable improvement on their formula either. It's not "bad" per say but in what way is it good exactly?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Frozen IS generic and especially coming from Disney. It's not an improvement on their formula, it's a rehash. It's not "bad" per say but in what way is it good exactly?

Homie lol I'm not arguing with you on subjective stuff. I'm trying to understand what your argument is like @HHR said because it seems like you're just mad they made something that you didn't like. Which is fine but to say it's a flop or not a hit or that no one was talking about it (and by no one you mean men) you're being incredibly shortsighted

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Homie lol I'm not arguing with you on subjective stuff. I'm trying to understand what your argument is like @HHR said because it seems like you're just mad they made something that you didn't like. Which is fine but to say it's a flop or not a hit or that no one was talking about it (and by no one you mean men) you're being incredibly shortsighted

Fair enough, there's a reason why the Best Animation Oscar winners reads like Pixar's filmography though :sas2:

Frozen is the only Walt Disney Animation Studios film to ever beat a Pixar film that got released the same year (Monsters University). The only one.