I hope people don’t think James Gunn will be writing and directing all of those movies for DC.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I don't know about that, breh.

People had JOKES when it got out that they were going to build out an Avengers series and overarching universe without Spider-Man, X-Men, or even the Fantastic Four. Also didn't help that Feige was producer on all of those series' then most recent entries that put them to bed for a little bit. Also didn't help that until about five or six years ago, Feige still had to fight Isaac Perlmuter for everything. A lot of the early cases of swapping out directors and actors came about from Perlmuter fukking around.

DC's struggles mostly came about, honestly, from just not having someone in his position to try to keep things a little more tightly involved. Really, I think the pressure to just get it right once or twice and build momentum is less than having to keep the gravy train rolling for Disney when a solid chunk of their film revenue is depending on your work.

But either way, while he definitely isn't going to write and/or direct the overwhelming majority of the content that comes out under his possession of this title, it's not crazy for people to wonder how heavy or light of a touch he's going to have with the product going forward, especially since Gunn has shown that he has a pretty well defined style and tone that he likes to stick to.

When I was in the theater and this scene came on, everyone went crazy :mjpls:

And this was going on when X-Men and F4 were being release independently in their own universe. So you’re reinventing history.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

And this was going on when X-Men and F4 were being release independently in their own universe. So you’re reinventing history.

And when I went to see it, most of the crowd left because they weren't conditioned to expect post credits scenes, and even then, there were people who, outside of being excited by seeing Samuel L Jackson pop up out of nowhere, had no clue what was going on. Marvel didn't just moonwalk to a billy with the first Avengers, breh. They earned that shyt.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
yeah people know
what people seem to be excited about is that James Gunn understands the essence of the characters and that is going to be the greatest asset to fixing the DC universe.
he's making those announcements because of Zaslav. He wants to show people are hyped for his ideas

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
He’s taking over when DC’s credibility is low.

To who? The Batman had rave reviews.. more so than most CBMs of late. his own SS universe has had rave reviews. joker won a bunch of awards..

Those are the projects that have been green lit sequels. Once again you've created a dumbass thread :mjlol:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed the Suicide Squad and Peacemaker TV series, so intrigued to see how oversees DC media. However, I just hope they don't Marvelify their movies because I am sick of the formula and hope DC takes a different approach

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I enjoyed the Suicide Squad and Peacemaker TV series, so intrigued to see how oversees DC media. However, I just hope they don't Marvelify their movies because I am sick of the formula and hope DC takes a different approach

Reeves is running The Batman for now. Sequel/Penguin show/Arkham show

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
To who? The Batman had rave reviews.. more so than most CBMs of late. his own SS universe has had rave reviews. joker won a bunch of awards..

Those are the projects that have been green lit sequels. Once again you've created a dumbass thread :mjlol:
Those are stand alone franchises. They weren’t marketed as part of an extended universe.

Which is what DC was always good at.

The DCEU has been a disaster. MOS came out 10 years ago and never got a sequel. They made 2 different suicide squads and both were forgettable. Nah, DC is struggling. Black Adam flopped.

If they were popular, there wouldn’t be a need to make all of these announcements online with no release dates or titles in sight. Gunn is coppin pleas on day one. He’s basically begging fans to support and asking them for suggestions. That’s beyond lame.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
For better or worse they've been taking different approaches already

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
If they were popular, there wouldn’t be a need to make all of these announcements online with no release dates or titles in sight.
How is that any different from when marvel announces titles years ahead of time?

They're never exact dates or titles

It'll be like x-men 2025

Fantastic four 2026

Avengers 7 2030

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

There ain’t be so much you can do in terms of “approach”. People bash the Marvel formula but at the end of the day these are comic book movies being marketed to families.

Making R rated movies or movies with adult themes can’t be marketed to families. Marvel picked a lane to be in and has stuck with it.

Because eventually you will have a different genre masquerading as a “comic book” movie in name only, like The Joker.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
There ain’t be so much you can do in terms of “approach”. People bash the Marvel formula but at the end of the day these are comic book movies being marketed to families.

Making R rated movies or movies with adult themes can’t be marketed to families. Marvel picked a lane to be in and has stuck with it.

Because eventually you will have a different genre masquerading as a “comic book” movie in name only, like The Joker.
Retarded logic since comic books can be adult too.

Bet you the same type to same games are only for kids

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

joker was more profitable than any other CBM. Why? low ass budget.. $50M spent. Box office return of over $1B. That was rated R.

Deadpool movies were rated R as well..

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps

It's tricky because comics can touch on many themes and not everything has to be for every age group. Some of the most popular graphic novels were created for a mature audience. i feel the same can apply to comicbook movies like Logan for example was a mature film, and that's one of the best superhero film. I just hope they continue to do their own thing and not try to mimic MCU even though there are some positive things you can take from it. I do feel there's a chance for DC to recover since phase 4 didn't really have must see film and interest might slowly be fading for Marvel/Disney

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

We don't care nicca!!
We Warner brothers discovery nicca!!!