I Honestly Believe That Justice League/JLU Is The Best Cartoon Of Our Generation

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Agreed and at the very least it was the second best series in the Timm/Dini era

Especially when they got to the JLU version, it caputred the DCU so well. They did an amazing job showcasing unsung DC characters and stories (The Hawk and Dove episode was dope)

I think hands down one of the best episodes was the adaptaton of that Alan Moore Superman story For the Man who has everything. Dope as hell.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
When Amanda Waller called Bats "rich boy" I literally had the :krs: face

Them two just went at it with one liners through out the season.

Back and forth, back and forth. It was like a rap battle trying to get the last word in. Amanda Waller was such a great character. That's another thing about JL/JLU - it introduced us to characters that we vaguely had heard of and made them great. Waller, Green Arrow, Black Canary, The Huntress, Hawkgirl, Jon Stewart, The Question :blessed: and it also made us sometimes think "Wait...why are we rooting for the JL? Them dudes could take over the world at anytime?" Great writing. I'd love to see these dudes write the JL live action movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I tried to go back and re-watch Justice League and season one was ass. I didn't make it to season 2 but now that you've given me this perspective, I will go back.

Until I do, Young Justice > JL.

Season 1 was kind of meh, but you crazy for that one. Even the very first episode of Season 2 will have you like :gladbron: .

You'll be singing Justice League's praises before you even get to JLU. :yes:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Them two just went at it with one liners through out the season.

Batman vs. Amanda Waller (In full) - YouTube

Back and forth, back and forth. It was like a rap battle trying to get the last word in. Amanda Waller was such a great character. That's another thing about JL/JLU - it introduced us to characters that we vaguely had heard of and made them great. Waller, Green Arrow, Black Canary, The Huntress, Hawkgirl, Jon Stewart, The Question :blessed: and it also made us sometimes think "Wait...why are we rooting for the JL? Them dudes could take over the world at anytime?" Great writing. I'd love to see these dudes write the JL live action movie.
Yeah speaking of the movie when they put her character in the GL movie I had high hopes they would pull a Nick Fury and have her as a connecting thread through different flicks. You wouldn't think Angela Bassett would just collect a check like that but...:mindblown:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

Yeah speaking of the movie when they put her character in the GL movie I had high hopes they would pull a Nick Fury and have her as a connecting thread through different flicks. You wouldn't think Angela Bassett would just collect a check like that but...:mindblown:

That's what I was hoping but Green Lantern didn't meet expectations so I guess it'll up being like Ang Lee's Hulk movie.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs im watching unlimited right now :wow:

i remember watching this when i was like 14, and its still murking anything i seen out there right now :damn:

:whoa: teen titans tho

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
I legit cried during Epilogue. B:TAS debuted on my 12th birthday, and when Epilogue hit, I thought it was a wrap for that DCAU, and my emotions was on full display :to:

Season 3 was hit and miss, but they said "fukk it, we already served dinner and dessert, here's the post-bar breakfast" :blessed:

Yo, when "The Once and Future Thing" aired, and I saw Terry interact with young Bruce, my mind couldn't handle it :mindblown: :damn:

Real talk, I was mad they ain't let Bruce and Diana progress. Imagine in "Epilogue" if she was there at old ass Bruce's side :sadbron:

Only beef I had was no more B:TAS nikkas in the cut, but The Batman and Teen Titans had an embargo on character use JL and JLU could use :ufdup:

The Task Force X (Suicide Squad) ep :ohlawd:

Writing was unparallelled at the time, cuz you felt everything going on was high stakes, even in the small eps. Like in "The Greatest Story Never Told" when Booster was trying to stop that dude that was a walking black hole :laugh:

"Doomsday Sanction" when Batman stopped that nuke was the gulliest Batman moment of the series :wow:

Someone continue before I breakout my boxset, when I should be cleaning :damn:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone continue before I breakout my boxset, when I should be cleaning :damn:[/QUOTE]

They got to make a JL movie in our lifetime brehs

Btw what happend to cartoons anyways? :dahell: JL, JLU, teen titans, code name kids next door:smugfavre:, samurai jack :wow:, static shock :noah:

I had such a based childhood :blessed:

only thing this generation got is young justice :to: