I got a Google Pixel and I won't lie, it's nice

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
I got the 7 pro and reception is terrible. Initially I didn't have this issue I regularly miss calls and texts. I'm about to cop the Galaxy soon.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I don’t notice any difference between android and iOS.

I think most people use their phones to text, view YouTube and social media. And check sports scores and the weather.

Any phone can handle those things just fine.

If you’re making and editing videos on your phone often, maybe the tiniest improvement in camera quality matters to you. But really, you’re nitpicking here.

Maybe iPhone has better security. I don’t know. But if it does, that would matter more than “this camera has slightly better detail once you focus in on the camera to 10x zoom”
The Pixel was way better security * once you flash Graphene OS on it* It's a decent phone doesn't have the bloatware of my Galaxy but the sole reason I copped the Pixel was for the security.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
The 9 looks dope.

My mom has the 7 and had probs wit the fingerprint scanner, but it seems to be fixed now.

I've always been Galaxy, should I switch?

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The 9 looks dope.

My mom has the 7 and had probs wit the fingerprint scanner, but it seems to be fixed now.

I've always been Galaxy, should I switch?
I went to get the galaxy, and the clerk told me to get the pixel instead. He was a techie, and broke down why the pixel is better. I did, and it's easily one of my favorite phones I've had. Extremely clean interface and android experience. I've had a few Samsungs, then went to Oneplus for a few years, now this.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I went to get the galaxy, and the clerk told me to get the pixel instead. He was a techie, and broke down why the pixel is better. I did, and it's easily one of my favorite phones I've had. Extremely clean interface and android experience. I've had a few Samsungs, then went to Oneplus for a few years, now this.
They keep touting the integrated AI features, but honestly I don't care about that.

And I'm someone who subscribed to CHATGPT Plus, so I'm an AI fan, I just don't see the benefit of it built into the phone.

What tech reasons did you get it?

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I got the 7a. It gets security updates through 5/2028. By then, hopefully the yet-to-be-released AI features are built into phones w/o costing an arm and a leg. Not tryina pay a premium to be an early-adopter/guinea pig when AI isn't super powerful on mobile just yet.

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
They keep touting the integrated AI features, but honestly I don't care about that.

And I'm someone who subscribed to CHATGPT Plus, so I'm an AI fan, I just don't see the benefit of it built into the phone.

What tech reasons did you get it?
I switched to the gemini ai instead of the "ok Google," for the assistant, but other than that I don't care about ai either. Like I said, I look for the cleanest interface and purest android experience possible without having to root. There isn't any bloatware that you can't uninstall or disable, it's as fast and smooth as you could possibly want, easily customizable, and it makes you want to use it, as opposed to feeling like it's an inconvenience, if that makes sense. I have the 8 pro by the way

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I have a 7 pro as a work phone and a 24 ultra for personal. best of both android worlds.

I'm really not sure I could leave Samsung for all time though. This 24 ultra has been by far the best phone I've ever owned

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I have a 7 pro as a work phone and a 24 ultra for personal. best of both android worlds.

I'm really not sure I could leave Samsung for all time though. This 24 ultra has been by far the best phone I've ever owned
I had the galaxy fold for literally a day before trading it in for the pixel, I hated it that much.
I don't like that Samsung is pretty much on par with Apple now for trying to get you stuck in their "ecosystem" for ease of use and consolidation.
Also too much bloatware for my taste. But if I didn't get the pixel, it would've been the galaxy s24 or the oneplus 12 pro.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I switched to the gemini ai instead of the "ok Google," for the assistant, but other than that I don't care about ai either. Like I said, I look for the cleanest interface and purest android experience possible without having to root. There isn't any bloatware that you can't uninstall or disable, it's as fast and smooth as you could possibly want, easily customizable, and it makes you want to use it, as opposed to feeling like it's an inconvenience, if that makes sense. I have the 8 pro by the way
This the bloatware on galaxy is ridiculous despite being an all around good phone.