"I gave the Garfield High School victim CPR. Now I’m pulling my son from school" - 17 year old killed today at Seattle HS

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
So sad to that family and all close to him and this situation. School should always be a safe place for our kids.

Live over on the Eastside and kids (10 and younger) all go to a private school. Obviously it's safer over here, but at times I still worry that all it takes is one person having a bad day or the wrong situation and it could be their school.

RugbyMan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Recently moved back to the Seattle area. I’ve never understood this manufactured gang and gun culture. Sh!t has always come across as fake and forced, but wannabes can be the most dangerous bc they’re so busy trying to prove themselves. City is full of wannabes who associate blackness with criminality. Nikkas got mountains, lakes, bald eagles flying overhead, a good economy etc and want to act dusty and ignorant for no reason.:wtf:

I know a married couple making bank as a lawyer and architect, and they asked me to speak sense into their son bc he was being pulled into that goofy street shi!t.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Rest in Peace to the young man

Hope that metro area gets the resources to arrest/remove the element that's responsible for the escalation of violence. Will only get worse if they aren't rooted out, and there will only be more victims.

"The element"? I guess "superpredators" isn't cool anymore? Why not just say "poor black people"?

Someone tell this reactionary that it's not 1993 and we already know that mass incarceration does nothing to solve the root issues that lead to these problems. There isn't some easily identifiable subset of "those people" who are committing crimes. Instead you start ramping up incarceration rates, setting the community against the police, lead more and more kids to grow up without fathers, gang recruitment gets easier and easier, and the cycle continues.

Start doing real research and work on solutions that address the actual problems, not quick fix bullshyt you hear some right-wing politician say on TV.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
R.I.P to the young man....My boy's son goes there and Garfield has always been a little crazy but the way Seattle has changed over the years it has gotten alot worse....the shootings in the city and the crime rate is just ridiculous.....

We're in June and there's been 22 murders so far this year in Seattle. A city of 750,000 people.

Every one of those 22 lives matters and we should work to reduce gun crime.....but the way media and social media sensationalizes the issue is making it appear far worse than it really is.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Gen X and Millennials the WOAT parents. They will blame everything but themselves for the plight of these Gen Z losers.

Mafukkas be on the internet arguing about LeBron, posting attention whoring pictures of themselves, trolling msg boards, watching other people's kids on TikTik, etc instead of raising, guiding, teaching, disciplining their kids. :beli:

Mafukkas will talk mad shyt about a random celeb not having common sense and the whole time yo own kids complete fukking idiots.:mjlol: