"I gave the Garfield High School victim CPR. Now I’m pulling my son from school" - 17 year old killed today at Seattle HS

Daps

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
I’m telling you drill music has completely changed the landscape of this city post 2012 era. That one page u shared on Instagram and put us on (deadshot) goes into great details about these clicks and sub clicks, exact copy southside chicago gangs, I mean right down to terminology.

In my 4 years of high in 2000’s, we only had one death and it was a Mexican kid in west Seattle.

Now, these kids are ALL armed and they’re dying at an alarming rate. I’m hearing girls are now even ‘backdooring” victims smh
All part of the plan

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Rest in Peace to the young man

Hope that metro area gets the resources to arrest/remove the element that's responsible for the escalation of violence. Will only get worse if they aren't rooted out, and there will only be more victims.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
All part of the plan
Who's plan?

Making shyt like this a conspiracy so we seem helpless to it is a deflection. Like it's so above us and we have no control or responsibility for the situation. It's much harder to change the culture breeding this shyt. Much easier to pretend it's beyond us and someone else doing.

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
they bust guns in seattle?

:wtf:
U never heard of the posse that's deep on Broadway? They tried to bust on Kid sensation but his boy baby got get back . .. Rip to the kid. Summer starting so u know what that means .Folks is out now

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
its weird because it is and it isn't. Like I said, i lived there for a while recently and wore cartiers all day and drove a sports car...never pressed.

But its the convergence of old seattle's blackest neighborhood being gentrified (which, did include me even though I'm black), and them trying to push historic problems and people out or sweep them under the rug...but shyt is still THERE

so you can have a luxury apartment above a grocery store across from a pot shop, coffee shop, bar, and beer garden...but you still got that corner store where people converge and the houses that didn't sell and the people and problems that live in them.

Seattle tried to build over issues and shyt is now at their doorstep.

EDIT: from my 15 years here, i'll defer to those who lived here longer
Yup

Blaming music is a scapegoat

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Mannn that’s sad as hell.

Almost rented an apartment right across from Garfield on 23rd when I lived there. Woulda had a short walk to Ezell’s:mjgrin::flabbynsick:

So much rich black history there in the Central District. The damn performing Arts building at Garfield is named after Quincy Jones, Jimi Hendrix went there. And can’t forget about the basketball legacy (Brandon Roy, 3-4 current NBA players)

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
whats sad is I've always been pro public school, as you learn those life and social lessons that are important...but my HS in ann arbor is REAL similar to Garfield in terms in age of the school, sports and music culture, etc...idk man...my best friend has a daughter in that same school and they do 'live shooter drills'. Thats where we're at now.

shyts scary as a parent now I fully imagine
My ex went to Greenhills for her first two years how is that school?

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
I’m telling you drill music has completely changed the landscape of this city post 2012 era. That one page u shared on Instagram and put us on (deadshot) goes into great details about these clicks and sub clicks, exact copy southside chicago gangs, I mean right down to terminology.

In my 4 years of high in 2000’s, we only had one death and it was a Mexican kid in west Seattle.

Now, these kids are ALL armed and they’re dying at an alarming rate. I’m hearing girls are now even ‘backdooring” victims smh
Same thing is happening in Canada
On sight shooting
Shooting at random “opp” neighborhood

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
whats sad is I've always been pro public school, as you learn those life and social lessons that are important...but my HS in ann arbor is REAL similar to Garfield in terms in age of the school, sports and music culture, etc...idk man...my best friend has a daughter in that same school and they do 'live shooter drills'. Thats where we're at now.

shyts scary as a parent now I fully imagine
Where'd you go, Pioneer or Huron? I used to holler at this chick that went to Huron. Met her at during the KCP program at EMU. WATTBA :wow: