I finally watched that Kamala Harris Reparations clip the BothSiders love

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps

I always ignored this video but decided to stop making assumptions and listen since it's just two minutes

And now I can know BothSiders don't know shyt about politics instead of just assuming

Basically she says she won't commit to something that only helps specifically black people and will instead target things that indirectly help black people more than everyone, while reminding people that something that indirectly helps black people will help everyone else so they shouldn't be mad about that.

In other words shes playing the game the way its supposed to be played. Especially it today's age where we are LITERALLY seeing republicacs SUING ALL POLICIES that DIRECTLY help black people specifically, like affirmative action and the smaller reparations pilot programs across the country.

Instead she's supposed to commit political suicide for something that would get struck down by Trump's corrupt Supreme Court :beli:

Cherry on the top was all the BothSider bots in the youtube comments of this video

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

I always ignored this video but decided to stop making assumptions and listen since it's just two minutes

And now I can know BothSiders don't know shyt about politics instead of just assuming

Basically she says she won't commit to something that only helps specifically black people and will instead target things that indirectly help black people more than everyone, while reminding people that something that indirectly helps black people will help everyone else so they shouldn't be mad about that.

In other words shes playing the game the way its supposed to be played. Especially it today's age where we are LITERALLY seeing republicacs SUING ALL POLICIES that DIRECTLY help black people specifically, like affirmative action and the smaller reparations pilot programs across the country.

Instead she's supposed to commit political suicide for something that would get struck down by Trump's corrupt Supreme Court :beli:

Cherry on the top was all the BothSider bots in the youtube comments of this video

@Ziggiy spams this vid

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Another fukking shill. When are yall gonna kill yourselves already?

that guy

Superstar
Daps

What an idiot

1. You literally started out admitting you ignored the video for years because you were too much of a p*ssy to accept the truth :mjlol:

2. The interviewer asked her a simple yes or no question “do you support reparations for black people?” That is a yes or no question. Kamala’s response is “well, listen”

juelz-talking.gif

3. She specifies how black Americans specifically were targeted for racist policy for the last 200+ years but immediately follows with “a rising boat lifts all tides” rhetoric.

4. The interviewer doesn’t let her dodge the question and reiterates “so you don’t support policy specifically for black Americans?” :ufdup:

5. Kamala juelzes again and says “any policy that benefits black Americans benefits everyone”

That’s simply not true. How did the US giving reparations to holocaust victims benefit black Americans? How did the US giving reparations to the Japanese benefit black Americans? How did the US giving reparations to native Americans benefit black Americans?

Neither party supports reparations for black Americans. Kamala harris doesn’t even have an ancestor who was enslaved in the US so why would she support reparations?

You should have continued to ignore the video like you been doing for the last 5 YEARS :russ:

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
What an idiot

1. You literally started out admitting you ignored the video for years because you were too much of a p*ssy to accept the truth :mjlol:

2. The interviewer asked her a simple yes or no question “do you support reparations for black people?” That is a yes or no question. Kamala’s response is “well, listen”

juelz-talking.gif

3. She specifies how black Americans specifically were targeted for racist policy for the last 200+ years but immediately follows with “a rising boat lifts all tides” rhetoric.

4. The interviewer doesn’t let her dodge the question and reiterates “so you don’t support policy specifically for black Americans?” :ufdup:

5. Kamala juelzes again and says “any policy that benefits black Americans benefits everyone”

That’s simply not true. How did the US giving reparations to holocaust victims benefit black Americans? How did the US giving reparations to the Japanese benefit black Americans? How did the US giving reparations to native Americans benefit black Americans?

Neither party supports reparations for black Americans. Kamala harris doesn’t even have an ancestor who was enslaved in the US so why would she support reparations?

You should have continued to ignore the video like you been doing for the last 5 YEARS :russ:

1. who said i was aware of the video for years? what kind of logic jump is that :dahell:

2. anyone who tries to simplify the political issue of reparations into "yes" or "no" is not going to be in the position Kamala Harris is. You don't get far in this racist ass country by simply saying "yes we need to give all black americans money". If you don't know that in 2024 idk what to tell you

3. she's not using that rhetoric for us, she's using that rhetoric for people who would take issue with policies that indirectly benefit us more than other people. aka playing the fukking game :beli:

4. once again, there's being a savvy politician and there's not. she chose to be savvy

5. now ur just repeating shyt to extend ur post :dahell:

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
That’s what they told us about Obama. We’re not falling for that again.

I found her words and her tone very disrespectful. If she was asked about LGBT or immigrants or Asians, her response would have been totally different. She could have at least took a second and thought of a diplomatic way to respond.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
llama-3.1-sonar-large-128k-online
i7Mnfsu.png

**Interview Transcript: Kamala Harris on Reparations for Black People**

**Interviewer:** Do you support reparations for black people?

**Kamala Harris:** Well, listen, again, we had over 200 years of slavery. We had Jim Crow for almost a century. We had legalized discrimination and segregation and now we have segregation and discrimination that is not legal but still exists and is a barrier to progress. We have disparities around housing. We have disparities around education. We have disparities around income. And we have to recognize that everybody did not start out on an equal footing in this country. And in particular, black people have not. And so we have got to recognize that and do something about that and give folks a lift up. That's why, for example, I'm proposing the LIFT Act. Give people who are making $100,000 or less as a family a tax credit, which will benefit and uplift 60% of black families who are in poverty. So by default it affects black families, but there's not a particular policy for African Americans that you would explore. But no, if you look at the reality of who will benefit from certain policies, when you take into account that they're not starting at the same place and they're not starting on equal footing, it will directly benefit black children, black families, black homeowners, because the disparities are so significant. So if we focus on the specific issues that have resulted in the greatest disparities and we understand that that's part of why we're doing it. Listen, the reality also is this. Any policy that will benefit black people will benefit all of society. Let's be clear about that. Let's really be clear about that. So I'm not going to sit here and say, I'm going to do something that's only going to benefit black people. No, because whatever benefits that black family will benefit that community and society as a whole and the country. Right?

====================

Kamala Harris does not explicitly support reparations for black people. Instead, she advocates for policies like the LIFT Act that aim to address systemic disparities and benefit low-income families, which disproportionately include black families. She emphasizes that policies benefiting black communities will also benefit society as a whole.

:ehh:

Last edited:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
1. who said i was aware of the video for years? what kind of logic jump is that :dahell:

2. anyone who tries to simplify the political issue of reparations into "yes" or "no" is not going to be in the position Kamala Harris is. You don't get far in this racist ass country by simply saying "yes we need to give all black americans money". If you don't know that in 2024 idk what to tell you

3. she's not using that rhetoric for us, she's using that rhetoric for people who would take issue with policies that indirectly benefit us more than other people. aka playing the fukking game :beli:

4. once again, there's being a savvy politician and there's not. she chose to be savvy

5. now ur just repeating shyt to extend ur post :dahell:
1. The video has been plastered on here for the last 5 years and is in every Kamala thread. You were aware of the video :comeon:

2. You shills try so hard to defend democrats and just end up talking yourself into circles. Your OP literally says republicans block democratic policies that are meant to help black people specifically. Then, y’all say democrats don’t propose policy specifically for black Americans because they’re “savvy” Which one is it?

This is the same country that pays holocaust victims reparations. let that sink in.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps

She is a lawyer and former DA, she knows the legalities behind it and the battles that would come.