I finally made the upgrade from intel to sillicon(early 2015 MBP to M2 Pro)

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Baldur Gate 3 runs cool on it
Damn shame I couldn't get a proper PS5 copy their loss.
But I love this MacBook god damn. Only thing that sucks is that my old 2015 had a 1TB SSD. I guess I'll use my cloud space(which I'm already subscribed to for my other stuff)
Plus it was over 8 years of accumulating shyt on it its probably full of game isos and shyt(including probably sex tapes that I really forgot where the fukk they located) that I have forgot where they all at :russ:

This machine like waking up from a comma :wow:

Last edited:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
My M2Pro is the best laptop ive ever owned

shyt now I'm really considering returning it to Costco, and getting a M3 with 18GB and a 1TB today :dead: :russ:
Only thing is that the M2 I got only cost me 1995$ when the refurbished one from apple goes for 2505.31$
The M3 is going for 3,735.54$

:lupe: I would be having this laptop for 8 years maybe 10 years maybe I should just take the jump

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm returning my MBP M3 today. I just can't get with the Mac OS. I got it to use with my Vision Pro, but it's not needed at all, and just shows you a Mac screen. I can sync my magic keyboard and magic trackpad to the Vision Pro, so the MBP is redundant. I'll keep my Dell XPS, which is actually really good. The Mac OS is just too limiting. I can't get with it. I gave it a try though. I see why more casual users like it so much, but I need to do more complex things, which my Dell XPS allows for.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
:wow:
Copped a 14” mbp with m2 and 16gb of ram and 512 ssd on sale for a great price at costco
I jusy played a song with dolby atmos on it and
:damn: THE DIFFERENCE MY fukkING GOD

My old maxed out early 2015 still good but I had to jump on it.
Had it for over 8 yrs I’m planning to keep this M2 for about the same.
Did the same 2 years ago but for a M1 and yeah the difference was night and day. Cost me an arm but absolutely worth it, I feel like I'll only upgrade to a M6 or some because my M1 is still beasting.

I would have just advised you to take a 32gb ram version because if you use some ressource heavy softwares or use parallels to run windows on it, you'll max out the ram quite easily and the mac will use the swap which decreases the SDD's shelf life a bit. Nothing dangerous but you never know.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Did the same 2 years ago but for a M1 and yeah the difference was night and day. Cost me an arm but absolutely worth it, I feel like I'll only upgrade to a M6 or some because my M1 is still beasting.

I would have just advised you to take a 32gb ram version because if you use some ressource heavy softwares or use parallels to run windows on it, you'll max out the ram quite easily and the mac will use the swap which decreases the SDD's shelf life a bit. Nothing dangerous but you never know.
16gb was good for me on my 2015 :manny: for this m2 tho
If I buy the M3 today it will be 18gb anyway

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
When I returned my M3 MBP to the Apple store, they were like, "why? :dahell:"

I told him I'm just not a mac person and need to have more features that are on windows pcs. He had no comment. I also told him with the Vision Pro, the M3 MBP is redundant. He agreed with that at least. :manny:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
When I returned my M3 MBP to the Apple store, they were like, "why? :dahell:"

I told him I'm just not a mac person and need to have more features that are on windows pcs. He had no comment. I also told him with the Vision Pro, the M3 MBP is redundant. He agreed with that at least. :manny:

I woulda told u the same shyt..."negro if u dont take that crackbook m3 back home and enjoy that shyt :dahell:"

Copped a 14” mbp with m2 and 16gb of ram and 512 ssd on sale for a great price at costco

I did something similar with 2016 MBP and the M1 jawn I got 2 years ago. night and day difference....I still have my old MBP I use as a backup, but I look at that shyt with disgust, even tho it held me down all those years :wow:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

I need one. I'm gonna give myself a couple months of research then pull the plug. I'm also running a maxed out 2015 but it's time.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

intel macbooks to apple silica is truly :mindblown: differences in terms of performance.