I can't see myself using the word "cap" "rizz" Bet

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Bet isn’t anything new. That shyt is at least 30yrs old. Maybe even older and it isn’t regional at all. I’m about to be 40 and have never NOT heard people say bet. I’ve lived all over this country.

Cap is old regionally. Play off high cappin. But new nationally. People would say cap in Atlanta as early as 2001/2.

Rizz is new. Stupid. And a play off charisma. But doesn’t bother me hearing it.

Gyatt is white folks misinterpreting a shortened euphemism “gyatdayum” thatwe use when we see something like a fat ass but they thought we were referring to the ass itself as a “gyatt”. That shyt is the most infuriating shyt because they are trying to make it happen so hard and are wrong as fukk.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
"Bet" is over 30 years old so you're just out of your depth, people say that shyt all over the country or at the very least understand it immediately without explanation

Cap kinda is too, iirc it was originally high cappin

Rizz has absolutely no context clues and I have no idea what it's based off of

Not to mention it just doesn't SOUND cool at all :manny:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cap is not a new word.. It's from the term "high cappin"..., And bet been around atleast 20 years in Texas
Lol he’s not lying. I came across some random video on YT with Paul Wall and Chamillionaire and few months ago and heard someone say “that’s cap” and this vid was from 2002.:russ:

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
cap is not a new word.. It's from the term "high cappin"..., And bet been around atleast 20 years in Texas
"Cap" period in different forms been around for awhile. They been saying "capping your head up" in Philly since the 90's.

I'm damn near 40, I'll never say Rizz, because of the goofy way you have to use it grammatically. Sounds stupid to say because it's slang, but it's too forced.