Essential I Be Cooking!: Post a Pic of What You're Cooking Thread

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:ohhh: oh while Im here and thinking about it, let me tell you what to do with cold McDonald's fries.

Don't microwave them. Hell, even if they're day after fries:

1. Throw some olive oil in a cold skillet. Not a lot. Like a tablespoon.

2. Throw some minced garlic and some red pepper flakes in there. Turn the heat on low.

3. When it starts to sizzle a bit and the garlic turns white-ish, dump your fries in there and crank the heat up to high.

4. Dust them with garlic powder and thyme and toss them around til they heat up and get crispy. Then hit them with some grated Parmesan.

Sound like too much work for some damn fries? Trust me, you do this ONE time, you won't want to eat them any other way. :sas2:

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
FORGOT TO TAKE MY shyt OUT THE DAMN FREEZER :mjcry:
@daria bless our eyes while I prepare this rice and protein shake :mjcry:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: oh while Im here and thinking about it, let me tell you what to do with cold McDonald's fries.

Don't microwave them. Hell, even if they're day after fries:

1. Throw some olive oil in a cold skillet. Not a lot. Like a tablespoon.

2. Throw some minced garlic and some red pepper flakes in there. Turn the heat on low.

3. When it starts to sizzle a bit and the garlic turns white-ish, dump your fries in there and crank the heat up to high.

4. Dust them with garlic powder and thyme and toss them around til they heat up and get crispy. Then hit them with some grated Parmesan.

Sound like too much work for some damn fries? Trust me, you do this ONE time, you won't want to eat them any other way. :sas2:
:mjlol:

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
FORGOT TO TAKE MY shyt OUT THE DAMN FREEZER :mjcry:
@daria bless our eyes while I prepare this rice and protein shake :mjcry:

I made chicken and waffles. Ate it all before I could take a picture :hamster:.

I'm not much of a rice fan but what did you have with yours? You're Nigerian so I suspect some type of stew.

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I made chicken and waffles. Ate it all before I could take a picture :hamster:.

I'm not much of a rice fan but what did you have with yours? You're Nigerian so I suspect some type of stew.

Had to whip up a quick corned beef struggle stew :francis:

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
nope.

I dont buy one for fear of trying to deep fry everything from polenta to ice cubes.

I have one and I hardly ever use it

I bake mostly since I can just throw a bunch of stuff at once and walk away

This model which allows you to lower and rise the basket with the lid closed

Myth No. 6: Fried foods are always too fatty.
Truth: Healthy deep-fried food is not an oxymoron.

We did a lot of research in our test kitchen to prove that, done right, fried foods are nutritionally fine. Here’s how frying works: When food is exposed to hot oil, the moisture inside boils and pushes from the interior to the surface and then out into the oil. As moisture leaves, it creates a barrier, minimizing oil absorption into the food — when the frying is done right. Meanwhile, the little oil that does penetrate the food’s surface forms a crisp, tasty crust. To keep foods from soaking up oil (and calories), fry according to recipe instructions. For most foods, 375°F is optimal. Oil temperatures that are too low will increase fat absorption. When we added tempura-coated veggies to cooler-than-optimal oil, the result was greasy and inedible — they absorbed more than 1 cup of oil instead of 1⁄3 cup. Also, overcooked food will soak up oil.

Keep in mind that we’re not giving fast-food fried chicken dinners with French fries a passing grade. Such a meal contains an entire day’s worth of calories and sodium, thanks to large portion sizes, excessive breading, and globs of sauces. But in the hands of a careful home cook, a delicately breaded and fried catfish fillet with a few hush puppies can be a perfectly reasonable — and delicious — dinner.

Listen Up: Fried Foods May Not Be as Terrible as You Think
Yes, frying adds fat to your food. But it likely doesn't add as much as you would expect. Cook's Illustrated conducted a test where they fried chicken in 3 cups of oil, and then poured off almost 3 cups of oil after all the chicken was cooked—meaning that very little was actually absorbed by the chicken itself. As long as you're keeping your oil hot enough—high heat ensures that the water in your food will boil, evaporate, and keep oil from seeping in—your food won't get overly soggy or greasy

Last edited:

BujuBoombastic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Believe it or not, I really don't know how to deep fry foods. It just isn't my thing. I severely fukked up some chicken nuggets a few weeks ago.:mjcry:

So I'm practicing on these Oreo cookies. :troll:

Practice makes perfect. You dun good mi bwoy.

I used to mess around with fried Oreo cookies when I was baby sitting my nephews. Mane, the taste of the fried Oreo cookies was delightful that I had to fry another batch for my nephews.

Yeah brother keep it up. Women LOVES when a man throws it down in the kitchen.