I ain't no sexy boy

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At the least Vince should have guys like Austin mentoring these newer guys on how to deliver a promo with passion. But truthfully you either have it or you don't and he definitely did.

He legit was pissed. About the politics he dealt with and then being out with an injury and being fired due to it. Via fed ex...not even a phone call.

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
At the least Vince should have guys like Austin mentoring these newer guys on how to deliver a promo with passion. But truthfully you either have it or you don't and he definitely did.

These soap opera writers want them using certain code words and staying on script, game done changed.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
These soap opera writers want them using certain code words and staying on script, game done changed.

This is like the worst example of it.

"Are you ready to step into the big dog's yard?"

""This may be Roman's yard, but it's my universe"

:dwillhuh:

Who talks like that? How could they sit there with a straight face and script people to say such corny trash?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
My favorite Austin promo:wow:

I was a bret fanatic during this period too so yeah I really did think he might kill Bret and string him up by those sunglasses. :picard:

Agree with everyone who said 96/97 Austin is the best version of Austin. Just like 97 Shawn and 99 Rock. Austin was on a different level though. He's a perfect example of why Vince needs to let the reigns go and let these boys cook. Let them use real life shyt and create their characters and stop scripting everything. Just go

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
My favorite era of Austin. He shyt on everybody effortlessly. One of the most etherous characters of all time
I remember Austin was chillen backstage an

Who talks like that? How could they sit there with a straight face and script people to say such corny trash?

"Rocknrolla" Prince Devitt would be :gucci::scust: at the dialogue and promos of "Demon King" Finn Balor

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

I saw these Austin promos and then I saw the most recent Styles/Owens segment. No disrespect to either of them, but it's like night and day. I don't know why the promos are so micromanaged now. Do you not have confidence in these guys coming up with something dope off a few bullet points?

It's just sad to me. To see someone like Austin in full control, completely owning this character and tapping into his real-life frustrations to create all these legendary promos with style and substance.........and then see someone like Bayley, who sounds like she's still memorizing a script every time she talks and having absolutely no confidence behind her words. It's a shame. :hhh:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I saw these Austin promos and then I saw the most recent Styles/Owens segment. No disrespect to either of them, but it's like night and day. I don't know why the promos are so micromanaged now. Do you not have confidence in these guys coming up with something dope off a few bullet points?

It's just sad to me. To see someone like Austin in full control, completely owning this character and tapping into his real-life frustrations to create all these legendary promos with style and substance.........and then see someone like Bayley, who sounds like she's still memorizing a script every time she talks and having absolutely no confidence behind her words. It's a shame. :hhh:

sometimes people like Austin are a gift and a curse.

A gift because they took the biz to new heights with their natural talents, a curse b/c once the biz is at it's height Vince begins to get paranoid and uber-controlling of every detail.