HZD 60FPS patch is live

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
HZD was one of my favorite games ever, but you 100% right. If you don't like the shyt, don't force yourself. I completely disagree on everything else outside the graphics being avg. But hey, :yeshrug:

I understand your viewpoint, but it definitely leaves a lot of things to be desired especially in comparison to other open world games like RDR.

If they just make the combat and progression system better, thats half the battle. The other part is actually filling out the open world with fun content, which I feel that they failed at in HZD.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I understand your viewpoint, but it definitely leaves a lot of things to be desired especially in comparison to other open world games like RDR.

If they just make the combat and progression system better, thats half the battle. The other part is actually filling out the open world with fun content, which I feel that they failed at in HZD.

I agree, but the state of play and added information shows that they are concentrating on fixing a lot of that stuff.

I also think RDR2 has a lot of different open world problems. The enviornments in RDR are beautiful and there’s a bunch of little mini games but there’s still not much to actually do and find in the game. It’s essentially the same issue when it comes to actual gameplay. It’s run here, kill a bunch of people, (and in red dead’s case there aren’t even a lot of ways to kill people outside of shooting them), return to x spot. Add to this everything feels way more sluggish and slow in RDR, even the fast travel spots take time to get to.

BoTW is a great open world game because theres constant reward and progression just for the simple act of exploration that you don’t get with a lot of games.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I agree, but the state of play and added information shows that they are concentrating on fixing a lot of that stuff.

I also think RDR2 has a lot of different open world problems.

Outside of the controls, which people are divisive about, I think RDR does the story driven open world game perfectly.

Some people don't want to be grounded in realism, a sub-40 year old man with no training who lives in the cowboy era isn't going to be the peak of athleticism, and I get that. Outside of that, it does everything else better than HZD specifically.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Outside of the controls, which people are divisive about, I think RDR does the story driven open world game perfectly.

Some people don't want to be grounded in realism, a sub-40 year old man with no training who lives in the cowboy era isn't going to be the peak of athleticism, and I get that. Outside of that, it does everything else better than HZD specifically.

I personally find the combat in horizon to be better, and a bit more unique. You can control robots and have them fight, shoot them with your bow, lay down traps, use the enviornments, melee (meh), use the dinosaurs weapons against them after blowing them apart. The ceiling is a lot higher.

RDR2 is essentially the exact same as RDR. The most unique thing about it back in the day was dead eye, which is common place in every game with shooting mechanics now. It’s good at what it does (3rd person cover shooter) but it hasn’t evolved at all between iterations

I started feeling the same open world fatigue halfway in with RDR2 like i did HZD and GoT

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I personally find the combat in horizon to be better, and a bit more unique. You can control robots and have them fight, shoot them with your bow, lay down traps, use the enviornments, melee (meh), use the dinosaurs weapons against them after blowing them apart. The ceiling is a lot higher.

RDR2 is essentially the exact same as RDR. The most unique thing about it back in the day was dead eye, which is common place in every game with shooting mechanics now. It’s good at what it does (3rd person cover shooter) but it hasn’t evolved at all between iterations

Well it's easy to say "oh well in RDR all you do is shoot shyt" but it does shooting better than most games, has a dynamic limb system and handles more realistically than most games.

HZD combat feels wonky as shyt and the constant resource gathering for ammo gets old fast, then you gotta grind for ammo upgrades which requires hunting, which I hate. So to each their own.