"Hyperinflation has turned the American Dream into a Nightmare " Black Couple on Dr Phil

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
the biden economy.

:unimpressed:
It's amazing what big capital has done.

I think people often forget to just sit back and contemplate the absolute masterclass in propaganda these people have successfully put on for generations. It's evil, but damn is it good. They really put that money to good use figuring out how to keep the working class down.

They raise the prices and fire people, those same people then blame the political party in charge. Completely ignoring the fact that it's not them who is running the REIT. It's not them busting up unionization attempts. It's not them jacking up the cost of insulin because what the fukk are you going to do? Die? It is not the government that laid them off and yet they're the one to blame for the company's actions.

A man is picking your pocket and telling you that it's someone else and SIGNIFICANT portions of the public actually believe it.
"It's your fault you are poor. You should've gone to college"
"How am I supposed to afford college when my rent is 70% of what I make at McDonald's?"
"Get a second job"
"How am I supposed to find time to interview for a second job when I have to commute an hour to get to work and back and don't get enough PTO?"
"Well you should live closer to where you work"
"How am I supposed to do that when the rent of the place close to work is higher than what I'm barely able to afford now?"

On and on, people will actually run defense on these companies FOR FREE. It's truly astounding to see how successful these rich a$$holes have been in convincing people that the conditions that they create are literally anyone else's fault. :wow:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
nobody should have to work 4 jobs

better off retrenching, investing that money / time in yourself (if you have family to support you) so that you can improve your long-term earning potential

easier said than done i guess

And that's the part that A LOT of people won't mention. They are not capable of actually seriously trying to empathize and ask themselves "what is their situation? Are they doing the best they can with what they have?"

So many people are on the "everyone's an idiot but me" mind set.