Hurricane Laura makes landfall in Cameron, Louisiana with winds of 150 mph

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Few miles north of lafayette

Ahh I see, yeah it was kind of a compact storm so places like Houston didn’t get hit and the places to the east like BR/NO/Lafayette didn’t get as hard either, the places that did take a direct hit got hit very hard though.

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
The problem is ppl will remember this & maybe not evacuate next time.
Weather forecasting is not a perfect science
Yeah this is why people don’t follow orders because we get told it’s a once in a lifetime storm and it’s no different then all the others, I’d say Rita and most def Harvey was a lot worse then this.
Where y’all from?

And sure lol overhyped

I mean we were told this was unsurvivable and if you stayed you were pretty much dead, yea it did damage but if you been thru Hurricanes that’s par for the course. The main thing I was looking at was the surge and from what I’ve heard from family they didn’t even get water in their house.

I understand overhyping storms but when you do and it doesn’t deliver you get more people willing to wait it out.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
Yeah this is why people don’t follow orders because we get told it’s a once in a lifetime storm and it’s no different then all the others, I’d say Rita and most def Harvey was a lot worse then this.

I mean we were told this was unsurvivable and if you stayed you were pretty much dead, yea it did damage but if you been thru Hurricanes that’s par for the course. The main thing I was looking at was the surge and from what I’ve heard from family they didn’t even get water in their house.

I understand overhyping storms but when you do and it doesn’t deliver you get more people willing to wait it out.

they were going by radar and winds, from the information weather guys obtain that’s what the projection would be so the media and news has to, to save lives. now if the storm was as bad as they said it would be but there was little hype and very little people evacuated then people would blame them for not warning people enough.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago

But the storm did deliver, at least as we see the damages. The problem is that the storm was very compact. As soon as you went west of Beaumont, you didn’t get a drop of rain, East of Lafayette, you got the bands but the hurricane force winds likely never made it that far.

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Hope all my family in Monroe good. Gotta call in:sadcam:

I’m in Monroe right now it’s getting kinda bad out here. Downed trees and Electric is out in some places I don’t think it’ll get better until this evening.
:to:

I wouldn’t suggest getting on I-20 unless you absolutely have to.

I hope my Shreveport and Alexandria brehs be alright :sadcam:

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
I’m in Monroe right now it’s getting kinda bad out here. Downed trees and Electric is out in some places I don’t think it’ll get better until this evening.
:to:

I wouldn’t suggest getting on I-20 unless you absolutely have to.

I hope my Shreveport brehs be alright :sadcam:
Blessings to you and yours breh. Be safe :salute:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
they were going by radar and winds, from the information weather guys obtain that’s what the projection would be so the media and news has to, to save lives. now if the storm was as bad as they said it would be but there was little hype and very little people evacuated then people would blame them for not warning people enough.

This.

I'd rather make a hurricane sound worse than it is than to potentially downplay it in hopes of 100 percent accuracy.

I couldn't be a meteorologist. At the first sign of weather trouble I'd tell my viewers, in no uncertain terms, to get the fukk out or you will die. Even if the matter doesn't warrant it. I wouldn't even analyze the specs (wind gusts, movement, pressure, eyewall, etc.) :russ:

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
This.

I'd rather make a hurricane sound worse than it is than to potentially downplay it in hopes of 100 percent accuracy.

I couldn't be a meteorologist. At the first sign of weather trouble I'd tell my viewers, in no uncertain terms, to get the fukk out or you will die. Even if the matter doesn't warrant it. I wouldn't even analyze the specs (wind gusts, movement, pressure, eyewall, etc.) :russ:

:dead:

You'd be a real life Ollie!

2002f4d3cbd1eb1bcc93f98dd9ec0b31.jpg

6c1ee26ccfb17a51eb8ae7ecd0148682.jpg

RyBg7Se.jpg