Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

DontDoIt

Innocent Bystander
Supporter
Daps
Hurricanes provide favorable conditions for tornadoes to form but the tornadoes are usually weaker. They mostly spawn F2's and F3's. No F5 has been recorded. They can still do some damage though.

Category 1 Hurricane Agnes in 1972 produced over 30 of these tornadoes.

The 1972 Hurricane Agnes tornado outbreak,the third-deadliest tropical cyclone-related outbreak in the United States since 1900, was the deadliest tornado outbreak related to a tropical cyclone in Florida. The outbreak, produced by Hurricane Agnes, lasted about 15 hours on June 18–19, 1972. In all, the outbreak resulted in 30 tornadoes in Florida and Georgia, including 6 F0 events, 12 F1 events, 10 F2 events, and two F3 events on the Fujita scale.

Category 5 Hurricane Andrew spawned 28 of them.

But Hurricane Ivan?

2004's Hurricane Ivan caused an outbreak of 117 tornadoes - with the bulk of the tornadoes on 17 September - which developed over a 3 day period in the United States, including 37 in Virginia, 25 in Georgia, 18 in Florida, 9 in Pennsylvania, 8 in Alabama, 7 in South Carolina, 4 in both Maryland and North Carolina, 3 in West Virginia, and 2 in Maryland. There were 26 tornadoes reported on 15 September, 32 tornadoes on 16 September, 57 tornadoes on 17 September, and 2 tornadoes (in Maryland) on 18 September. At least 8 people were killed and 17 injured by the tornadoes.

The previous record was during Hurricane Beulah, which spawned a reported 115 tornadoes in southeast Texas during the first several days after its landfall in September 1967 (Orton 1970). These outbreaks of tornadoes from Ivan and Beulah represent two of the largest tornado outbreak.
:scusthov:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Someone needs to pay for the Miami big 3 superteam which forever destroyed the NBA.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

I'll translate.

Advice for the Florida government. Next hurricane give us less warning time. I look like a cow from all the eating, I wasted half a tank of gas just looking for gas, I'm not making any money, and my messenger is full of people wishing me thoughts and like 3 million prayers. And to make things worse, the damn hurricane hasn't moved from its spot and here at my house there's a sun that's burning hot. It's lots of negative things, lots. So next time just let me know when the hurricane is by 8th street.

:russ:

Freddie.Cane

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
305 Canes, Dolphins, and Heat
Someone needs to pay for the Miami big 3 superteam which forever destroyed the NBA.
giphy.gif

Don't make me neg u breh cause u not a bad poster

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

Don't make me neg u breh cause u not a bad poster

You're Canadian breh...stop. :mjlol:

stfu breh

These Miami fans emotional.

How else can you explain this impending ether?

Were those 2 rings worth it?

The basketball gods don't forget.

I take it back if anyone loses their lives.

Y'all were real tough when that Heat run was happening but y'all scattering like roaches ducking the hurricane. Florida getting exposed. At least Houston took it on the chin.