Hurricane Irma: now a tropical storm, moving into Georgia today

Gyasi85

Superstar
Daps
The marijuana trade was a huge source of income for the town in the late 70's early 80s. It was a poorer town with a history of smuggling. Back in the days of prohibition, it was a rum smuggling town. In the 80s Alot of those white folks in Everglades City entered a new tax bracket overnight due to the marijuana trade. Similar to how you see inner city black dealers start to rock chains and expansive items in the 80s, you saw the same thing with these white smugglers who would by bigger trucks, bigger boats, stockpile of weapons, new homes etc. Of course it would all come crashing down when the feds got involved. Alot of the town was thrown in jail overnight. It was a mass sweep. Mind you this is a town of maybe 1000 residents at most at the time. One of the bartenders in the town spoke of some of the men in the town tipping him hundreds of dollars on a bill. The same bartender spoke of sitting on his porch just watching the authorities go by picking people up all over town during the sweep. He said he sat on his porch just waiting to be arrested.

:sadcam:

:ohhh:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Jim Jones loves Miami more than Miamians do. And he's from Harlem. He made a whole mixtape about the city. Jim Jones might be the new Mr. 305.

:wow:
Its typical of NYers. :yeshrug:Its kind of an inside joke here that NYC/New Jerz street nikkas go to Miami every summer like its a religious pilgrimage. I ain't gonna lie when they come back and the stories they tell me of Miami makes me want me to go.:lupe: Especially the bytches. :steviej:I dunno we just have this love affair with Miami.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
My family in Haiti is fine, and they got the brunt of Irma since they live in the North.

I have family out in the Turks & Caicos and we haven't heard from them yet.

My fam in Broward and Miami-Dade been on the phone with us all last night. Luckily the eye shifted West.

My grandfather in Tampa though :picard: