Hulkamania was a whole vibe

Is Roman's current God mode run as big as Hulkamania?

• Yep

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Nope

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • fukk no

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Get em Booker T

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps

Hulkamania was a cultural phenomenon in the 1980s and 1990s that had a significant impact on popular culture, particularly in the world of professional wrestling. Here are some of the key ways in which Hulkamania influenced and impacted culture during that time period:

Mainstream Popularity: Hulk Hogan, the wrestler behind Hulkamania, became a household name, as did the sport of professional wrestling itself. Hogan’s larger-than-life persona and charismatic personality drew in millions of fans, both young and old, and helped professional wrestling transition from a regional niche market to a national, mainstream phenomenon.

Merchandising: The popularity of Hulkamania also led to an explosion of merchandising, with Hogan’s image appearing on everything from t-shirts to lunchboxes to action figures. This not only made Hogan a multimillionaire, but it also helped cement the image of the wrestler as a cultural icon.

Cross-promotion: Hulkamania also led to cross-promotion with other forms of media, such as music and movies. Hogan appeared in several movies and music videos, and his catchphrases and signature moves became a part of popular culture.

Iconic Moments: Hulkamania was defined by a series of iconic moments, such as Hogan body-slamming Andre the Giant at WrestleMania III, which is still considered one of the greatest moments in wrestling history. These moments helped create a mythology around Hogan and his character, making him an even more beloved figure among fans.

Legacy: Hulkamania’s impact can still be felt in the world of professional wrestling today. Hogan’s influence can be seen in the current crop of wrestlers who grew up idolizing him, and his legacy continues to be celebrated by fans and industry insiders alike.

Overall, Hulkamania had a huge cultural impact on the 80s and 90s. Hogan’s larger-than-life persona, iconic moments, and cross-promotional efforts helped him become a cultural icon and helped elevate professional wrestling to new heights of mainstream popularity.

• Haha
Reactions: jeh

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Held down tons of talent unnecessarily
Clearly abused steroids and lied to millions of people about it on late night TV
Backstabbed even people he considered to be friends
Choked out a skinny comedian on a talk show over a joke
Caught on tape bring super racist
Put out a struggle sex tape with another man’s wife
Helped destroy TNA
That show with that freakin boat

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Clearly abused steroids and lied to millions of people about it on late night TV
Helped destroy TNA
I have a digital copy of his bio. shyt was hilarious, and sad at certain points. Dude brother was killed by fellow bikers. Also he talks about getting on a jet, grabbing a mirror and diving into mini cocaine mountains.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
34ba73a7-28a3-4950-9f25-fba93388de18_text.gif

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
too bad hoegan is a racist c*nt i was intrigued by him as a child who started watching in 93
my childhood heroes are Bret Hart, Stone GOAT, HBK and Rock
Thay why I made sure to say get him Booker at the end of the video

:manny:

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Biggest fall from grace of any wrestler ever. He ruined alot of ppls childhood memories and love for him.

Benoit obviously is more of a fall but that's a different category obviously
For sure. He fukked up big time. Absolutely a dark period in his life, and I'm sure a midlife crises, alcohol and cocaine fueled a lot of that downward spiral.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Helped destroy TNA

• a snitch in trying to stop Jesse Ventura and em of doing a union
  • Tells more ducktales than the average Coli breh
  • Won't get Andre's dikk out of his mouth
  • Have a fukk up for a son that left his friend a vegetable
  • Help ruined WCW instead of helping it grow (that 94 roster before Hoegan *chefs kiss*)
  • Had the Memphis Mafia of fat old ass losers to fukk up a wrestling product (Nasty Boys, Beefcake, etc)
  • Came out with the WOAT wrestling video game of all time
  • Hoed Bret Hart's moment during WM9
Hoegan conned the world into believing he was larger than life, in reality dude had a hot gimmick and less workrate

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Hulk Hogan is a scumbag, but back then he legitimately was one of the most popular names in America. He's lucky there was no god damn internet social media in his prime, otherwise him and some of the other wrestlers would have been exposed before their careers hit the peak.

I would much rather prefer Roman Reigns, but facts are facts, wrestling back then was bigger and Hulk was THE face of professional wrestling.

Was he overrated? Oh fukk yeah he was, his matches were horrible with same old shyt over and over.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
fukk Hulk Hogan... stop riding this man's dikk... I hope the OP is from an article and you didn't type this out yourself... dude hates you and he hates me.... no need to fukk with him.... I had a hulk Hogan shirt... I ripped it and threw it in the trash when I heard the news. He was an integral part in wrestling yes but there's no need to constantly revisit this racist history. I'll speak on him when needed but whole threads praising him and saying he was a vibe is real sus