How would you make Arcades mainstream again?

Daps
Breh there’s joysticks and buttons on an arcade machine

Again, I ask. How will you make it contactless
Your question doesn't make any sense, I don't think you understood my comment or my reply

Do you understand the concept of paying without using physical tender that's what contactless is?

We buy Ice creams contactless
contactless-payment-credit-card-and-hand-tap-logo-vector-26336453.jpg

Of course I know you have to touch peripherals in order for characters/vehicles to move/shoot/fight:heh:
i didn't literally mean contactless on some professor X mind control the characters and shyt:snoop:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Your question doesn't make any sense, I don't think you understood my comment or my reply

Do you understand the concept of paying without using physical tender that's what contactless is?

We buy Ice creams contactless
contactless-payment-credit-card-and-hand-tap-logo-vector-26336453.jpg

Of course I know you have to touch peripherals in order for characters/vehicles to move/shoot/fight:heh:
i didn't literally mean contactless on some professor X mind control the characters and shyt:snoop:

I dont think that would really work with younger kids though? Idk do kids carry about credit cards these dayS? :patrice:

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
I know that fighting game players don't spend money breh.
Facts.

The spot in NYC is closed most of the week because the FGC is so mother fukking cheap. Specializing in niche groups will bankrupt an arcade. If it wasn’t for streaming, Next Level would have been done.

Brehs are right, this barcade shyt is the wave. Traditional arcades are prolly done.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Ya'll don't have "arcade bars" in your cities? Those are huge dude. We got a massive one here in Tucson. Those are pretty much the only way to get arcades mainstream again. It's just an obsolete business model otherwise.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Arcades are few and far between, and chains like Gameworks are literally down to one location thankfully walking distance from me (haven't been since they reopened this month post COVID closure). What would you do to make Arcades mainstream again? Is it possible? I'll circle back with ideas but I'm interested in y'all's
only works when you tie in a restaurant like how they do with dave and busters

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
If we didn't have to worry about Covid so much these days, this could potentially make a huge impact with bringing arcades back. Texas brother's, what's your take on this place? I saw that there's a location in Houston

VR is the natural progression of arcade games IMO

A lot of VR games are just jump in, jump out games like arcades, because no one really wants to have that headset on all the time