How would you do a modern Robocop?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What if I told you Idris Alba was Robocop in my movie...... with a bad Latina wife and another Latina for a partner.

recasting the lead as black person adds a TOTALLY new dimension to the story. I don't think a studio would have the guts to go there though. Or they'd cop out and try to balance shyt by making the main villain a black person too.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
recasting the lead as black person adds a TOTALLY new dimension to the story. I don't think a studio would have the guts to go there though. Or they'd cop out and try to balance shyt by making the main villain a black person too.

You could go meta and have someone say "so this "Robocop" is black huh? The media will LOVE that! Great idea whoever had it give them a raise"

In fact Robocop should go meta and be tongue in cheek to a certain degree throughout

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some things should be left in the past I agree but I think Robocop could do with a retelling a Tv series could kick ass if done well if Judge Dredd is getting another chance as a TV series then Murphy deserves another shot. I loved the 2012 Judge Dredd film by the way.

Judge Dredd is based off a comic book

Robocop was something created by the world of the 80's, meaning it can't be recreated, even by the sequels had a different look and feel from the original
they were entirely different movies than the first as far as tone

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Just do another season of Breaking Bad.
Hank gets dug up and they attempt to make him into robocop... but he was too far gone.

At the funeral Walter White's kid learns about the program and eventually gets cybernetics instead of those braces Now he is cleaning the town up since he hates the drugs and crime that ruined his family..

Gus' brain is meanwhile in a wifi'd laptop in the ceiling of the Chicken spot. He was secretly the one that was funding the program, as seen by him donating to the cops in Breaking Bad. And his brain was the first prototype copy uploaded that he secretly took off the police premices.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Focus more on the gore...Robocop isn't a literary masterpiece, its a movie that got away with so much, in a time wherein people were still getting used to the "mature" language in Back to the Future, and the crassness of Ferris Bueller. It was a time where rated r movies wasn't a common thing, and people wanted to laugh instead of watching a guy get a hole blasted through his chest...

Or at least that's what people thought they were okay with, instead, the masses at it up, even with its campyness and downright laughable script, Robocop delivered a satirical piece on American culture, while providing cinema with the goriest film at the time. The remake handled the satire just fine, it just didn't go all the way with the gore. The best scene was when they reveal how much of Murphy is "left". Besides that, the movie is just "okay", but it didn't push the lines as it was supposed to.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
"I got the muscle to shove enough of this factory so far up your stupid wop ass, that you'll shyt snow for a year!"

:picard:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
You make it about things like "black lives matter" and private prisons and how a company (OCP) decided to avoid protest about police bias by making a robot be the police officer.

Make sure to give info then that their first attempt to create a purely robot cop (based on drone technology) created some psycho killing machine so the project was scrapped.

Then boom after Murphy gets shot up cause he tries to stop some corrupt cops from planting evidence for arresting a youth have him as robocop be a tool until the inevitable "he becomes aware scene" them it's him vs the dirty cops and the legitimate criminals working for (OCP).

For a little added fun have it programmed into Robocop that he can't shoot cops or civilians so he has to take out the dirty cops without his gun (this leads to the finale) using things like his hands, cars, etc.

Then last major scene is in a skyscraper where a business suit guy give a monologue where he admits he motivation for everything to Robocop (who is broadcasting the speech to YouTube). It's not just about money from private prisons they want to get working class people out of Detroit to expand gentrification as well.......

then have the business suit guy release the killer robot (which immediately kills business suit guy) and then have a massive brawl between evil Robot where Robocop barely survives.

After the fight the chief dirty cop comes in with the good cops where he is outed as being a dirty cop by Murphy's partner. Robocop goes to shoot him, and the chief dirty cop pulls out his badge and dares Robocop to shoot him (because he knows Robocops programming won't allow it) Then boom show Robocop shooting the chief dirty cop dead while holding his badge and Robocop saying something to the effect "all that damage from the fight must of corrupted my systems....."

End scene Murphy's partner takes Murphy's son to the police station to meet his hero "Robocop" close up to Robocops face and we see a tear slide under his visor and roll down his cheek.

I would pay $16 to see that
U realize that idea is already taken. :francis:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I would re-release the original version with some updated effects to the dated looking stop motion efx. Meaning the original is perfect as it is for the most. Basically police and military today look like the police and military in the original Robocop movie.