How would you do a modern Robocop?

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
What made the original Robocop stand out was the Black Guy laughing nonstop:

original.jpg

:dahell: nah breh, even as a kid something was off about dude. Didn't know what a c00n was back then but i sure a hell knew dude was worthless.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
you don't. Some things need to stay in the past. It's like asking how to make a modern Freddy Krueger, or a modern Humphrey Bogart. You don't. You leave that shyt in the past where it belongs.

Some things should be left in the past I agree but I think Robocop could do with a retelling a Tv series could kick ass if done well if Judge Dredd is getting another chance as a TV series then Murphy deserves another shot. I loved the 2012 Judge Dredd film by the way.

Last edited:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Murphy's beatdown gotta be just as brutal as the OG version.

Yeah I agree,I didn't like the way the new movie had it as an explosion. His death should be very personal and be carried out by multiple Individials or derive pleasure from torturing him to death.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The biggest change you'd have to make is that the Cops would have to be in on everything.

People sleep on the fact that there was a message in the first film and they tried to have a message in the remake but they were too cowardly to go the obvious route.

You still have OCP be a huge conglomerate that's basically buying Detroit and trying to gentrify the city on a scale never seen before, but you also have to show the police department as being highly corrupt with Murphy and his partner being just a couple of good cops trying to do their job. Doing so makes the execution of Murphy that much more terrifying and makes his exploitation and enslavement by the police department that much more disturbing.

If you do a straight remake you run into the same problems that Death Wish remake is going to have.

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Pretty easy:what:one is a cyborg another is a man in an automated suit.
In order for it to be successful, the studio will have to market it. They are not going to market the 2 minute death scene. They are going to market the "Robocop" action scenes. The first comparisons from Joe Public will be to Iron Man.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
In order for it to be successful, the studio will have to market it. They are not going to market the 2 minute death scene. They are going to market the "Robocop" action scenes. The first comparisons from Joe Public will be to Iron Man.

You do realise there was a movie that came out in 2014 that did not encounter a comparassion problem.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
The biggest change you'd have to make is that the Cops would have to be in on everything.

People sleep on the fact that there was a message in the first film and they tried to have a message in the remake but they were too cowardly to go the obvious route.

You still have OCP be a huge conglomerate that's basically buying Detroit and trying to gentrify the city on a scale never seen before, but you also have to show the police department as being highly corrupt with Murphy and his partner being just a couple of good cops trying to do their job. Doing so makes the execution of Murphy that much more terrifying and makes his exploration and enslavement by the police department that much more disturbing.

If you do a straight remake you run into the same problems that Death Wish remake is going to have.

I agree you will need to insert a few modern day issues in it.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
You do realise there was a movie that came out in 2014 that did not encounter a comparison problem.
there were plenty reviews back then comparing the Robocop suit to Tony Stark's. It was even brought up in that movie thread back then in regards to what the new Robocop should do in comparison to the OG (ie can he run? fly?, etc).

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
You make it about things like "black lives matter" and private prisons and how a company (OCP) decided to avoid protest about police bias by making a robot be the police officer.

Make sure to give info then that their first attempt to create a purely robot cop (based on drone technology) created some psycho killing machine so the project was scrapped.

Then boom after Murphy gets shot up cause he tries to stop some corrupt cops from planting evidence for arresting a youth have him as robocop be a tool until the inevitable "he becomes aware scene" them it's him vs the dirty cops and the legitimate criminals working for (OCP).

For a little added fun have it programmed into Robocop that he can't shoot cops or civilians so he has to take out the dirty cops without his gun (this leads to the finale) using things like his hands, cars, etc.

Then last major scene is in a skyscraper where a business suit guy give a monologue where he admits he motivation for everything to Robocop (who is broadcasting the speech to YouTube). It's not just about money from private prisons they want to get working class people out of Detroit to expand gentrification as well.......

then have the business suit guy release the killer robot (which immediately kills business suit guy) and then have a massive brawl between evil Robot where Robocop barely survives.

After the fight the chief dirty cop comes in with the good cops where he is outed as being a dirty cop by Murphy's partner. Robocop goes to shoot him, and the chief dirty cop pulls out his badge and dares Robocop to shoot him (because he knows Robocops programming won't allow it) Then boom show Robocop shooting the chief dirty cop dead while holding his badge and Robocop saying something to the effect "all that damage from the fight must of corrupted my systems....."

End scene Murphy's partner takes Murphy's son to the police station to meet his hero "Robocop" close up to Robocops face and we see a tear slide under his visor and roll down his cheek.

I would pay $16 to see that

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You make it about things like "black lives matter" and private prisons and how a company (OCP) decided to avoid protest about police bias by making a robot be the police officer.

Make sure to give info then that their first attempt to create a purely robot cop (based on drone technology) created some psycho killing machine so the project was scrapped.

Then boom after Murphy gets shot up cause he tries to stop some corrupt cops from planting evidence for arresting a youth have him as robocop be a tool until the inevitable "he becomes aware scene" them it's him vs the dirty cops and the legitimate criminals working for (OCP).

For a little added fun have it programmed into Robocop that he can't shoot cops or civilians so he has to take out the dirty cops without his gun (this leads to the finale) using things like his hands, cars, etc.

Then last major scene is in a skyscraper where a business suit guy give a monologue where he admits he motivation for everything to Robocop (who is broadcasting the speech to YouTube). It's not just about money from private prisons they want to get working class people out of Detroit to expand gentrification as well.......

then have the business suit guy release the killer robot (which immediately kills business suit guy) and then have a massive brawl between evil Robot where Robocop barely survives.

After the fight the chief dirty cop comes in with the good cops where he is outed as being a dirty cop by Murphy's partner. Robocop goes to shoot him, and the chief dirty cop pulls out his badge and dares Robocop to shoot him (because he knows Robocops programming won't allow it) Then boom show Robocop shooting the chief dirty cop dead while holding his badge and Robocop saying something to the effect "all that damage from the fight must of corrupted my systems....."

End scene Murphy's partner takes Murphy's son to the police station to meet his hero "Robocop" close up to Robocops face and we see a tear slide under his visor and roll down his cheek.

I'd buy that for a dollar

Fixed :lolbron: