How would you do a modern Robocop?

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Robocop was one of my favourite movies from the 80,s and I even enjoyed the one from 2014 but it seems it didn't connect with people so how would you guys go about doing a Robocop movie? I would love Netflix to get thier hands on it and make an R rated series.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I don't know why people think an R rating can make trash not trash

It gives me room for freedom and conveying certain scenarios to their fullest. If you want modern Detroit portrayed as the cesspit that it is you will need to be able to convey that properly and censoring things is not the best way to go about doing that.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
My thought was to turn into an ultra violent TV series too. Keep the 80s feel. Make the first season around 10 eps and it would be about corporate fukkery and conspiracies with henchmen like Clarence Boddiker. Alex Murphy doesn't turn into Robocop until about four episodes in where he gets bodied trying to investigate corruption. Make a sleeker looking Robocop but still reminiscent of the OG's looks and much faster.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
My thought was to turn into an ultra violent TV series too. Keep the 80s feel. Make the first season around 10 eps and it would be about corporate fukkery and conspiracies with henchmen like Clarence Boddiker. Alex Murphy doesn't turn into Robocop until about four episodes in where he gets bodied trying to investigate corruption. Make a sleeker looking Robocop but still reminiscent of the OG's looks and much faster.
Thats where the reboot failed, u need a great villain and boddiker carried that fukking film at times.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Thats where the reboot failed, u need a great villain and boddiker carried that fukking film at times.

Yep, I'd make him a recurring villain while the corporate boss behind the whole thing gets bodied first season. He'd come back with weapons and gadgets to give robocop problems. :wow:

Last edited:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps

Yep, nobody gave a fukk about new murphy in the movie neither, they just took for granted that we supposed to care about dude because of the original. That was a turrble decision.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Keep the voilence, bloody and gory.
Change a few of the action scenes.
Enhance/remix the theme tune.. update.

this...the first robocop movie was progressive in so many things...and also they need to find some way to update the "ill buy that for a dollar"..its too classic and it brought light heartedness to the anti social behavior running rampant lol

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
What made the original Robocop stand out was the Black Guy laughing nonstop:

original.jpg