How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

Starski

Superstar
Daps
How does a property tax work? :jbhmm:

Conceptually you are right- a tax on ownership. Though I will say a house & the neighborhood one lives has a lot more utility than equity ownership. :manny:.

But that’s not even what I’m here for

When I posted this…. It was more me asking “have the specifics/mechanics been released”.

Things like “will ones tax bill be based on the portfolio value on an arbitrary date/end of year value/average value throughout the year/average value since inception/ect”

The actual tax rate itself.

Who is eligible (yes billionaires but the actual criteria.)

I’m more curious about the effects on flows in the market than anything else :manny:. You get a high enough tax bill from this and force liquidations :patrice:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Conceptually you are right- a tax on ownership. Though I will say a house & the neighborhood one lives has a lot more utility than equity ownership. :manny:.

But that’s not even what I’m here for

When I posted this…. It was more me asking “have the specifics/mechanics been released”.

Things like “will ones tax bill be based on the portfolio value on an arbitrary date/end of year value/average value throughout the year/average value since inception/ect”

The actual tax rate itself.

Who is eligible (yes billionaires but the actual criteria.)

I’m more curious about the effects on flows in the market than anything else :manny:. You get a high enough tax bill from this and force liquidations :patrice:
These are all good questions and I've seen various proposals and methodologies for them. Will be interesting to see which ones are actually being floated.